AC3

FINE

The "ending" portion isn't as long as the "beginning" portion, although it IS of healthy length- AC3 reaches above its 100th town with the final chapters, ending somewhere around 125 (taking away the 25 unused ones in-between). Dungeons range from cool (Volton) to horrible (Pelzbarii), and there's a hell of alot of gameplay. I got through it, but understandably, others haven't. (Plus, I basically skimmed through much of it- ignoring sidequests and whatnot. I'm shameless. -_-)

Shame on you Terry! :p

First time I played, the first barrier in Part 1 wiped out 5 of 6 party members, because I didn't go for the sidequests (and I used the PC editor a little.) Last time I played though, I had Part 2 and pretty much got my butt kicked by the golems near the end, got a look at what the final fights were, and ran like a kitten.

This time I'm going to do even the sidequests in Part 2, see if I can make it.

Of course, Part 2 isn't even out yet, so I probably shouldn't be talking about it TOO much.

I was wondering about this, too. Evidently the 100-town bug only occurs when leaving towns 100-127. If a scen skips those intermediate ones, it can have more than 100 towns.

I read this in a thread crediting this discovery to Vince Fizz, so the accuracy of my information is questionable.

EDIT: Here , if you want to read about it.

Yeah, Imban, when I found the thread again and saw that it was you that posted it, I realized that it was probably accurate. I should've edited that part out, too, when I edited the post.

I just made a scen with 200 blank towns and tried to add another one. I got an error message saying, "You have reached the limit of 200 towns you can have in one scenario."

If I try to do something like this from the first screen, I get an error message saying, "The total number of towns must be from 1 to 200 (you must have at least 1 town)." So 200 is a pretty definite limit, not that I think anyone will really mind at that point (even *i or Shyguy :p ).

Patience is a virtue!

But alas, I lack it myself sometimes. I currently have about 4 beta testers still trudging through this thing. But after getting messages from 2 that they would be delayed due to various problems, I am releasing it as is.

I will still continue to refine it, with their help, but as of now, it has been sent to Spidweb to be posted. I'm not sure how long it takes to get listed these days, but I might be persuaded to send it out personally upon request.

Let me know, along with your email address, and be able to accept a file of about 1.5 megs. I can split this up if needed. Also, there is no graphics file for Macs, so you'll need to convert yourself.

Shyguy, how much of the 1.5 MB is the actual scenario file? (Just wondering, as if you can split it up, it would be the scenario itself separated from the other files right?) It could very well be the largest scenario made for BoE. (Definately, if you include the first one.)

But, I can wait until the scenario gets up for download on Spiderweb.

Ooh, how fun! But Jeff, I'm still stuck in the Kuntalass Hideout. I'm able to get to the Chief, but the Archmagi kill me. And that's after losing a PC to the High Priests that appeared (that loss wasn't necassary though, I could have avoided it w/potions).

I think I'm just going to web as soon as I open the Chief's door, and then see if I can't pull the lever w/out them seeing me…

• 2 weeks later...