Completed every (steam) Spiderweb Game on Torment!

Juan Carlo

So I just finished Nethergate, which means I've now completed every Spiderweb game on steam on torment difficulty. That's Geneforge1-5, Avernum4-6, Escape from the Pit, Nethergate, and Avadon 1-2.

I feel like I should be awarded some kind of honorary Master's degree in Spiderwebology (or, failing that, at least some kind of certificate that says, "Congratulations! You officially have no life!")

Yeah, I know what you are going to say: What about Blades of Avernum, Avernum 1-3, and the Exiles?

I dunno.....I'd rather wait for the remakes, I guess (please don't rain on my parade in my hour of triumph).

Anyhow, took me 3 years and over 900 hours (although, a good deal of that was me alt-tabbing doing otherstuff. I know a few times I forgot it was running and went to sleep, so that's probably greatly inflated).

Congratulations! That's a monumental achievement, something I'll probably never do. I myself have mostly stuck to the Exile series, first Avernum trilogy, and Geneforge games, although I haven't bought the Geneforge bundle yet. I feel if I do, I'll put it above my other priorities and won't stop until I finish; 5 Games could take some time to complete. I also played the really old Nethergate once, but never the remake.

If you want to waste even more time, I'd suggest getting an emulator and playing the Exile games. Spiderweb has released all of them for free now, too. Respawning dungeons and 6 person parties ensure you'll waste a lot more time on this game than any of the newer ones.

I'd suggest playing both the remakes and the originals, though. Just like Avernum was a remake of Exile and AEFTP is a remake of Avernum, they have the same storyline but the gameplay is vastly different. At the very least, you can get the demos and see how you like the gameplay. Tbh I'm not a fan of the first Avernum, but A2 and A3 I really liked.