Custom Graphics Help

Wham Bam Shizzlezam

I am trying to make some custom graphics for my scenario. How do you do it? I don't understand what the readme file says. I have copied an original terrain file, painted over it, renamed it to the name of my scenario, put it in BLADSCEN, but when I open the editor, I don't see the graphics on the right, where you choose what graphic to paint with. Can anyone help me?

From the docs:

"The custom graphics are arranged on the custom sheet in rows, 10 to each row. Each row is considered to have 10 'slots.' The first ten slots are in the top row, the next 10 slots are in the next row, and so on. The upper left graphic is considered slot 0. The top row contains slots 0 to 9 (numbered left to right), the second row contains slots 11 to 20, and so on."

Also:

"Terrain (not animated) — Place the 28 x 36 custom terrain graphic in one of the custom sheet's slots. To give a terrain type this graphic, add 1000 to the number of the slot the graphic is in, and put that number in the Terrain Picture field on the editing terrain window."

Okay, I know you are not supposed to double post, but I have another question.

I am inserting DRK DRAXIS's desert terrain into my scenario. I am having trouble inserting mountains. When I am done trading all the grass mountains for the desert mountains, and I try to use them, they come out wrong. Why?

Where can I get utilities for making scenarios? I know there are some on SW, but they are not what I am looking for. I remember a paper by Drizzt about a day and night sequence, a scenario explaining a "shadow" effect with monsters, and a couple others... If there is a paper discribing how TM did his reading thing in Bandits 2, that would be appreciated.

(I am working *really* hard on this scenario, I really want to get it out as soon as possible)

I THOUGHT OF THE BOOK THING FIRST! CURSE YOU, CREATOR, FOR BEING MUCH, MUCH FASTER THAN ME!

Ahem... Anyway, The Creator was the first to release a scenario with readable books. Simply give each book a different special class, and create a node chain checking for each special class sequentially. When it finds an item in the player's inventory that has that special class, have it display the text of the book or description or summary of what it says or whatever.

Implementing readable books sucks nodes if you have too many books though. So don't include too many.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
In the case of the first 90 graphics (hills, mountains, water, etc), you have to paint the entire scenario BEFORE you change the graphics. Otherwise the auto-change-terrain feature messes up.
Hmh, my version of BoE don't require that with mountains. Custom water graphics, however, won't work, no matter what I try. smirk

Quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:
I THOUGHT OF THE BOOK THING FIRST! CURSE YOU, CREATOR, FOR BEING MUCH, MUCH FASTER THAN ME!
Ahem... Anyway, The Creator was the first to release a scenario with readable books. Simply give each book a different special class, and create a node chain checking for each special class sequentially. When it finds an item in the player's inventory that has that special class, have it display the text of the book or description or summary of what it says or whatever.
Implementing readable books sucks nodes if you have too many books though. So don't include too many.
You forgot the important part -- make the books Tools, and check only for EQUIPPED items with each special class. That way the player can simply equip the book he wants to read.