How do you survive every encounter in this game?

mynameismudd

OK. You want easy mode? I'll give you easy mode.

Bring along a Tinkermage main character, Alcander, and Khalida to every mission. Invest half of their stat points in either Strength or Dexterity (your choice: depends on whether you want to use melee or missiles), and the other half in Endurance. Work up all three characters' skill trees toward the top right hand skill ASAP: Freeze Turret/Inferno Turret for the Tinkermages, and the group haste/battle frenzy skill for Khalida. For difficult battles, summon a couple of freeze turrets, then a couple of supporting turrets (Temporal Pylon, Blessing Pylon and Healing Pylon are all good), and then have Khalida buff them all. Move your characters out of harm's way, and sit back and watch as your turrets destroy everything.

Also, make sure to talk to everyone and do side quests so that you gain lots of experience and are at an appropriate level for the enemies you're facing.

Don't hoard scrolls and wands. Lightning scrolls are almost useless by level 15, wands of fire by level 20, and wands of ice will last to the end only if you maximize dexterity for blademasters, shadowwalkers, and tinkermages and intelligence for sorcerers and shamans. If you want to risk yourself in a fight, the area effect attacks will take them out quickly if you overlap them from a couple of characters.

Don't hoard scrolls and wands.

EVERY time I play an RPG I end up with a huge pile of useless scrolls, potions, wands, Spiderweb games including.

Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation pictured it nicely once: "fighting a giant crab by throwing peanuts at it and not using any consumables, just in case there is a bigger giant crab behind the corner."

Is there any trick to getting past the cactus rats and area with a suboptimal party? It would seem like seeing as everyone is gung-ho on the tinker mage and power game parties that regular parties just have a ridiculous time surviving without just going straight down the left column. I tried using the tinkermage turrets but I don't find them useful at all. Razor ones are ok but I really wish there was a shredder turret that decimates these melee mobs. Ranged weapons didn't work very good in this game. Razordisks weren't doing enough damage on yoshiria who had all dexterity.

The only attacks that are awesome are all the melee attacks that blade master, Shadowalker and tinkermage get. Bladelash dealt good damage on my tinkermage and I should have brought a shaman instead of a sorcerer. Its impossible to keep the sorcerer class safe in the miranda fight. They will die regardless of what I tried. Any tips?

The only attacks that are awesome are all the melee attacks that blade master, Shadowalker and tinkermage get. Bladelash dealt good damage on my tinkermage and I should have brought a shaman instead of a sorcerer. Its impossible to keep the sorcerer class safe in the miranda fight. They will die regardless of what I tried. Any tips?

What level is your party right now, and how have you built up their stats and skills?

If you don't have a tinkermage or shaman to create a meatshield for the party, then attack at range and leave the party member with highest dexterity and endurance in front to protect the rest of the party. You may lose someone, but eventually you get through the rats.

What level is your party right now, and how have you built up their stats and skills?

I was at level 13 for Tinkermage, Yoshiria, and Yannick. I never could understand how to properly use sorcerers. The only reason nathalie managed to stay alive was because of the dexterity bonus. The miranda teleport stuff was ridiculous. I don't know how anyone could get past that without losing at least 2 party on normal. Casual I still died about 4 times. Yoshi had 15 dexterity and 9 endurance, My tinker guy had 15 strength and 11 endurance, and yannick had 14 intelligence and endurance was 8 endurance.

Edit-Oh and are you supposed to grind more until you are 15. Ive been grinding for at least 1 hour before each main quest. The spectre I had to get 2 extra levels as well.

Level 13 is incredibly low for that point in the game. You should be around level 20 by the time you get to the area with the cacti, if you've done everything up to that point. Are you doing sidequests and clearing out the monsters in each area as you advance the plot?

What do you mean by "grinding", though? Avadon 2 barely has any respawning monsters, and the ones that do respawn often don't give you experience. Just go talk to people and clear out some of the sidequests on your list.