Favorite NPC companion?

Cala

Companion Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite NPC companion?

• Khalida
    • Yoshirira
    • Dedrik
    • Yannick
    • Alcander

I'm having a hell of a time deciding who to take with me these days! I play mostly for the story rather than the gameplay so my plan/challenge is to make the party with the most interesting clash of personalities work out strategically. Sadly no one is sharply catching my interest, though right away I enjoyed Alcander's blatant malcontent. Maybe I'll bring him and someone who will probably be horribly offended by him.

Have you guys found any fun pairs of characters, interaction-wise? Or particularly enjoyed anyone's dialogue?

Dedrik is annoying because he whinges and dies too easily. Shamans are underpowered, I think. Alcander is grumpy about being conscripted but his complaints have a bitter energy and he's quite enthusiastic about advancing his family, and tinkermages are great. The others are intriguing, and I want to follow their stories, but I don't actually like having them around as much as Alcander.

It's funny that you picked those two classes in particular to contrast; from a mechanical perspective, a lot of the reason why shamans seem weak is precisely because most of what they can do, a mid-level tinkermage with a turn to prepare can do better.

I've mostly been using Khalida and Alcander, both because they're effective in combat and because they play off each other well as characters. Khalida's a true believer in Avadon despite having every reason not to be, while Alcander provides a more sceptical voice.

I'm kind of with Lilith, were I to choose on a pure personality/interaction basis I would definitly use Khalida and Alcander. I've been using Yannick instead, since I really, really enjoy having a sorceror/ess on my team, but he and Alcander don't really fight, they are just so opposite that they seem to baffle each other so far. Hmm. >.>

Yannick, Yoshiria, and Khalida are all pretty cool and fun to use and I like having them along. Dedrik is dull and bland and shamans are kinda meh, but I still bring him along for the sake of variety. Alcander is a selfish jackass that I have intentionally built poorly, out of spite, and he's mechanically redundant since I'm also a tinkermage. I do not use Alcander much.