should i try the exile series?

trozzul

so far i have gotten the geneforge sage and avadon for both pc and my android tablet and i love them soo much! looking forward to getting the avernum series also, been searching around to see if anyone has a steam key for them that would be willing to trade another game for just gonna buy them off steam if i cant find one (5$ a piece and 11$ for 4-6 what a deal! and really looking forward to escape from the pit) i see that it might be harder to get 1-3 and i read that the gameplay is different. i looked on spiderwebs main site and saw the exile games that some of them where free and looked quite similar, would anyone recomend them?

Exile 1-3 and BoE are the original games that are now known as the Avernum series. Avernum 1-3 and BoA are remakes, while Avernum 4-6 continue the story. Avernum: Escape from the pit is another remake of the first.

Exile is quite aged by now. If you don't mind the old style of it, I'd say go for it, or you can just jump on to Avernum 1-3. They're also a bit aged, but not quite as so. The new remake is about on par with Avernum 4-6 in terms of shinyness, but re-remakes 2 and 3 have yet to be made, and probably won't be for quite a few years.

It's a matter of preference, really. You could also ignore 1-3 in all incarnations and go for 4-6, but I like chronological order, personally.

Exile 1-3 and BoE are the original games that are now known as the Avernum series. Avernum 1-3 and BoA are remakes, while Avernum 4-6 continue the story. Avernum: Escape from the pit is another remake of the first.

Exile is quite aged by now. If you don't mind the old style of it, I'd say go for it, or you can just jump on to Avernum 1-3. They're also a bit aged, but not quite as so. The new remake is about on par with Avernum 4-6 in terms of shinyness, but re-remakes 2 and 3 have yet to be made, and probably won't be for quite a few years.

It's a matter of preference, really. You could also ignore 1-3 in all incarnations and go for 4-6, but I like chronological order, personally.

I was aware that avernum was the remakes but idk would you know where I can get a copy of 1,3? I'm gonna get 4-6 really cheap on tremorgames