Path of Shadows: an AIMhack mini-campaign

BJ Back From the Beyond

level up~

All this walking around and fighting has helped Basidiratus limber up a bit and dodge attacks a little more effectively, and his rusty medical skills have been getting a lot of practice.

Name: Basidiratus

Race: Dwarf

Lvl: 6

Str: 8

Dex: 4 (+2)

Per: 6

(Spare Attribute Points: 3)

HP: 18/26

Stm: 4/15

Def: 14

Ref: 10

Wil: 14

Spd: 4

Enc: 2

Arm: 3

Arcana: 9

Culture: 7

Medicine: 5 (+3)

Interrogation: 3

Engineering: 1

Traits:

Will to Succeed (Dwarf) -- add WIL/2 to one roll per day (already used today)

Feats:

Exemplary Strength

Melee Proficiency

Magic Adept (Vitaemancy)

Magic Expertise (Vitaemancy)

Rules clarification on attribute points: does "all attributes must start at 1" mean we must spend at least 1 point on each attribute during character creation, or that we don't need to spend the first point to get each attribute to 1? I've been assuming the former; if it's the latter, I've got three extra unspent attribute points and can raise Dex to 5 instead of 4.

Calendar

Rules clarification: it looks like I've been counting the first points in each attribute against your total attribute points. I don't think that's what the rule intend here, but I'm going to go ahead and stick with what I've been doing. Sorry Lilith, no extra three points.

Regarding the rules question: That IS what the rules intended, actually. You start with 10 attribute points for first level, but you need to spend 1 in each attribute to start off.

Anyway, on a different front, I've given it some consideration, and I've decided to bow out of the campaign. I'm sorry for the seeming abruptness of it, but the headaches MapTool has been giving me throughout is pretty much ruining the campaign for me, and I just don't think this campaign is for me. Thank you for the opportunity, Earles, but I think I need to bid adieu. Handle (or get rid of) Henrietta however you see fit.

:(

I'm really sorry to hear that. Know that if I ever do a campaign with MapTool again I'll do what I can to make sure this doesn't become an issue again.

As for Henrietta, I'll go ahead and take control of her for the remainder of the campaign. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the story, it's unlikely there will be any good opportunity for new characters to join.

Name : Luanda

Race : Dragonborn

Lvl: 6

STR : 5

DEX : 9

PER : 4

( Unassigned stats : 2)

HP : 20

STM : 15

DEF : 19

REF : 13

WIL : 9

SPD : 5

ENC : 1

Skills

Medicine : 10

Fauna : 2

Stealth : 5

Wilderness : 8

New Techniques

- Disabling Blow : Deals damage and causes penalty to target's attack

Level!

Name: Jal-Phol-Phorami (Phol-Phoram's Favorite)

Race: Dragonborn

LVL: 6

STR: 4

DEX: 8

PER: 6

HP: 18

STM: 15

DEF: 18 + 2

REF: 14

WIL: 10

Engineering: 8

Sleight: 10

Stealth: 7

Traits:

Dragonbreath (Lightning)

Feats:

Exemplary Dexterity

Inner Strength x 2

Brawler

• 4 weeks later...

A while ago I decided to step back from this campaign for a bit to sort of refresh and let myself get excided about it again. I never officially announced this, though a couple of you were there when I made the decision. Now, it's time I made a decision as to whether to continue or not.

I'm sorry. After having stepped away for a while, I find that I have nearly no interest in continuing onward. It's nothing any of the players did. You guys were great. The problems lied entirely on my end, and now I feel like they've drained away all the enthusiasm I started with. I can't imagine the game would very fun for anyone if I tried to continue it in this state.

Again, I'm really sorry, and if I ever run another campaign I'll make sure to keep the leasons I learned in this one in mind.