BoE project brainstorming

ixfd64

I don't have the registered version of BoE, but...

With an editor like BoE, there are many possibilities. What do you think would be projects to consider working on?

For me, I have these ideas:

Fantasy worlds - based on novels and movies: Narnia, Middle-earth (Arda), Camelot, Dragonriders of Pern

Fan version of other games: Final Fantasy series, Zelda, online games like EverQuest and RuneScape (may have copyright problems)

Interesting places in the real-world: large caves, like in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, and other National Parks; famous cities

Places with personal connections: your high school or college (yeah, talk to your teachers for free exp!)

There is at least one scenario that's based on another game, Domestic Evil. It's not a bad scenario, in my opinion.

A variant of Angband (called PernAngband!) was loosely based on the world of Dragonriders of Pern, and the author of the books didn't like the idea. The game had to be removed from the net. So, I wouldn't put names from those books into my scenarios...

Quote:
Originally written by Milu:
A variant of Angband (called PernAngband!) was loosely based on the world of Dragonriders of Pern, and the author of the books didn't like the idea. The game had to be removed from the net. So, I wouldn't put names from those books into my scenarios...
Actually, a descendant of PernAngband still exists, although most of the Pern references have been fiddled around a bit so they're not so obvious, and it's been renamed. It's now called ToME .

As far as BoE goes, there was also a scenario named Nightfall based on the Isaac Asimov book of the same name, which was really good, and a scenario named Blade of the Jedi set in the Star Wars universe, which really wasn't.