difference between Avernum 6 HD and Avernum Escape (iPad)

carpii

Avernum 6 and Avernum: Escape from the Pit are two different games. Avernum 6 was made before Escape from the Pit but chronologically takes place much later because Escape from the Pit is a remake of Avernum 1 (no subtitle). You can choose either one to play first. Avernum 6 will spoil some of the plot of Escape from the Pit, but not badly. The two games have a different skill system, but are otherwise mostly alike. Escape from the Pit's interface might be better, since it was designed to go on the iPad from the beginning, while Avernum 6 was ported later. Does the iPad store give you access to their demos? If not, you may want to download the demo version of the games for Mac or PC to see which game you like better.

Dikiyoba has no idea whether Escape from the Pit is high-def or not.

You could always download a Mac/Windows demo and see if you like the game, but yes, they're all worthwhile. The only downside to playing A6 now is some minor spoilers of earlier games if you pay attention and missing some references to earlier games.

—Alorael, who supposes that Jeff really should have called it Avernum I. Maybe when he remakes the remade remake he can add a digit.

—Alorael, who supposes that Jeff really should have called it Avernum I. Maybe when he remakes the remade remake he can add a digit.

if he remakes Geneforges then combined with 1 more Avadon (at least) and 2 Avernums (counted from year 2014 forward) and also A4 and 5 might need some facelifting it might his kids who'll make remakes of Avernum-remakes.

• 2 weeks later...

In my own opinion, the only thing the old system had that was really cool was the ability to specialize in extra abilities like say arcane lore or first aid for a fighter. In Avernum EFTP, this is harder to do, but still possible. You make most of your big choices from beginning and still have to main choice of force specializing to weapon skills, strength and dexterity and endurance. What I like about new system is that you can get more specialization with regards to the attributes. You can go strength and dex, Strength and endurance, or even strength and intelligence if you want to. Its a heck of a lot of fun and you still have skills to decide as well. I can see why people that like the old way would prefer old style, but if you think about, your still playing the same game in reality.

Im looking forward to playing Avernum 2 remake and Avadon 2 as jeff really is on a roll! :D