A:EftP - What does assisting Thantria entail? *spoilers*

I'm hesitant to assist Thantria, the Empire envoy, because basically I'm assisting the people who threw me in Avernum in the first place (I like playing ethically in-character), but I'm just curious what exactly the details are for each of the quests, and what I will be asked to do (since you have to accept the quest the instant it's even suggested to you), so I can judge whether, and to what extent, I should help her, if there's any good that can come from it.

Thantria's quests:

Click to reveal..
Thantria - (quest location) need reputation Well-Liked - N

-- drops - Missionary cloak (8% armor, +2 first aid, +5% to blessings/curses you cause), fine robe, wand of the inferno

-- QUEST - Bat Cave Assassin - 300c, jade-studded chain (3% armor, +18% energy res.)

-- QUEST - Aid to Kyass - 500c, Incantor's ring (6% armor, +8% magical damage, +15% to blessings/curses you cause)

-- QUEST - Pyrog's Papers - 1000c, chaotic halberd (+10% to critical hit chance. +1 dexterity)

-- QUEST - Drath's Spellbook - 1000c, radiant plate (40% armor, +6% to evasion, -20% to hit chance)

-- QUEST - Find the Exit - 5000c, talisman of might (+8% melee damage)

You can always take quests and not do them. The two spell book quests are also wanted by two other NPCs and if you turn them in to someone else you can get their next quest.

Of course there is good in that the Empire pays the best.

You know, you can always just not do the quest after she's given it to you.

Anyway, her first quest is to help the separatist Kyass, on the theory that anything that helps him will weaken Avernum. The next couple of quests she gives you are to give her spellbooks that the Empire feels shouldn't be in the hands of Avernites -- other people also want these spellbooks, but Thantria gives the best reward for them. Her final quest is to find the exit to the surface so that she can have it sealed once and for all. The rewards for her quests tend to be very good.

edit: twenty. one. seconds.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
The next couple of quests she gives you are to give her spellbooks that the Empire feels shouldn't be in the hands of Avernites -- other people also want these spellbooks, but Thantria gives the best reward for them.

Actually, when you consider the savings on training that you can get from the Freehold of Kyass if you do enough of their quests, they may be the best reward. See the series of posts starting here:

http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubb..._fro#Post266347

The followup by Slarty a few posts later has more details.