Manipulating Turn Order?

So I have this fighter in my party, who is first in the turn order of the party.

The rest of the party recently presented him with an award for "Most Likely to be Charmed by anything from a Brain-Rat to a Cryo-Drake and then brutally decapitate your nearest friend in a single blow". smile

Since my whole party often moves before the enemy and my fighter is first in the party's turn order...no one's turn comes up to unshackle his mind before his turn...and he has a 95% chance to one-hit-kill anyone else in the party from full HP. This is probably the cause of about 75% of deaths in my party overall since lvl25 or so. =P

Is there a way to switch it up and have my priest go first instead?

Is turn order just determined by the order of their portraits from top to bottom? Can I reorganize the portraits? If that's how turn order is determined, then what exactly does quick-action do?

Thanks!

You can set turn order to follow roster order (I think this is the default setting), or to go according to PC stats. Go into preferences to change it. Yes you can rearrange the roster, but that will also change the marching order; you may not want to put your meat shield behind your casters.

You may find it more effective to make sure your priest acts last - after the enemy.

Default is party order. You can change that by moving characters up and down in the character information window where you see your stats and abilities at the top.

In Preferences you can change from party order to dexterity order, but that probably won't help with that problem.

quick action allows you to act before enemy (and even before member of party like if most char with qa is 4th in roster he/she acts 1st and then next char with most qa etc), my endgame (last quest to be done) party all act before enemies when battle starts (random encounter or some enemy gets sighted).