I just read the combat disciplines and I noticed that adrenaline rush adds 20 action points. If I'm correct, that would mean that it would give you time for three actions. Of course, they'd all have to be standard attacks or some strategic item spamming, unless...

unless...

Unless you were a mage. Fatigue has no penalty for spellcasting. Meaning you'd have access to TRIPLECAST.

So what if you did that? What if you took a total of 15 weapon skill points solely to get access to adrenaline rush, and otherwise went with a pure mage build? Am I missing something here? That sounds amazing to me.

You aren't missing anything. It is completely amazing. In general, triplecasting AoE's in the first round of combat is the single strongest tactic to use in A:EFTP, once you are able to develop it.

Also note that some equipment will give you weapon skill points, plus you can train all four weapon skills... so you can actually unlock Adrenaline Rush for your casters with little to no investment of skill points.

Depends how many characters you want Adrenaline Rush for. Assuming you want it on everyone, I'll quote myself:

Quote:
1) Items. A spellcaster can use the Discipline Blade for +5. Someone can use

the Warrior's Cloak for +2. And someone can use the First Expedition Bow for

+3. These are all readily available in the early midgame. There is another item

that gives +1, but it is not likely to be available until very late.) With

these items, you only need natural weapon skill totals of 10, 12, 13, and 15.

2) Trainers. Some of the skills are among the cheaper things to train.

3) Use skill points. This is obvious for fighters. For spellcasters it's also a

reasonable option since Hardiness is an excellent skill for all PCs.

No, but you need to train melee (or pole) to get to Hardiness. Thus, every point you actually train in melee effectively "unlocks" a point in Hardiness you wouldn't be able to access otherwise. At 2 skill points each, that would be a bit expensive even for Hardiness -- except that it also gets you towards Adrenaline Rush.

I wouldn't stress out too much over unlocking it ASAP, but I would probably prioritize it over pumping Spellcraft, for example. If you want to go for Hardiness anyway, it's pretty safe to alternate your magic skill with melee weapons up to, say, 8. Buy training to 10, then either buy training for other skills or find some items, and presto, you're there. You can get it even earlier for one character if you combine some of the item bonuses.