A:EftP - A visit to the tower of magi helps so much!

So, I've been playing the game through for the first time, on torment difficulty, and I have to say, I probably would have been driven mad from confusion if I hadn't decided to visit the tower of magi.

You have to deal with a lot of undead, and every single AOE spell you have is useless against the undead until you get to the tower of magi and get the lightning spray spell. That one spell makes dealing with the undead so much easier.

Although I have to ask: Why is it that call storm does cold damage instead of energy? It's doubly weird considering 1: The animation clearly indicates it's an electric attack and 2: It's a priest spell that is useless against the undead.

Anyway, Just thought I'd post this in case anybody else was going nuts at being unable to handle the undead and not yet strong enough to go elsewhere. It is ENTIRELY manageable to reach the tower of magi at any level, and the magic they provide is extremely useful.

Hey, about that portals thing...

can someone explain how to learn how to use them in exquisite detail? Cause I'm lvl31, have gotten rid of the Hakki Lord upstairs, and am well on my way to finishing the game, but never found anything like that in the Tower of Magi. frown

Edit: I've even tried looking this up elsewhere, but I just find places that say "Go to the Tower, that's where you learn it."