A:EftP - Least favourite bits so far

Hi, a noobie here. Am 50 hrs in to A:EFTP and think it's a fine achievement for such a tiny studio.

However, I still get the 'swears' due to the UI lol.

But my least favourite thing atm is the way characters will 'accidentally' go the long way round sometimes when fighting in caverns - which, since most of Avernum is caverns, happens frequently. Larger than 1 person cave corridors would be nice in any sequel (and maybe an 'Undo' move command too) :-)

Also spells/potions seem to 'go off' at random when I'm moving them from one person to another. Bug or feature LOL?

Edit: Having characters charmed by a 'Brain Rat'. Hmm, really. rolleyes Could do without half the magic and all & sundry 'summoning' - ugh. Random creatures appearing out of thin air, just not my cup of tea crazy

you'll get charmed more later on many battles, I have lost count long ago how many times 1 of char's has got charmed and same thing with stun.

as for those tight corridors just move chars back until you get to wider area or use 1st as meatshield and 2nd attacks with bow and casters with spells and keep 1st char alive by healing him/her.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
you'll get charmed more later on many battles, I have lost count long ago how many times 1 of char's has got charmed and same thing with stun.

as for those tight corridors just move chars back until you get to wider area or use 1st as meatshield and 2nd attacks with bow and casters with spells and keep 1st char alive by healing him/her.

Ugh, yeah getting even more 'charmed' now. How is a Giant Rat 'charming' rolleyes Hehe

Prob I sumtimes have in tight corridors is clickin on the enemy, forgetting to change rear echelon character to bow/missile: so s/he decides to go the scenic route to get to the battle argh...

The awful scrolling (especially boat) is hurting my eyes now too LOL.

Originally Posted By: BMA

maybe u r accidentally clicking on the use button while moving the item.

Hmm, I not sure but I don't think so... I click on any item (potion/scroll) to transfer to another character: most of the time it does so, other times the item activates. I don't really use keyboard shortcuts at all (apart from 'i' and F3) laugh
Anyway it is only slightly annoying as I try to remember to quicksave now before attempting to transfer stuff!

Originally Posted By: Pleiades

Ugh, yeah getting even more 'charmed' now. How is a Giant Rat 'charming' rolleyes Hehe

yea Brain Rats are pain in bottom quite a while but there aren't that many of those (outside enemies summons) but there are worse enemies who do charming and sometimes have high success rate.

Yeah, there's still some kinks to iron out in the UI.

For me the most annoying is often not being able to easily click on the square I want if the surrounding area is crowded with enemies.

There's a lot of little improvements I hope they make for the next game (and maybe release in a patch of this game as well?) that can take it from good to great. They've already come a long way though, with all the UI improvements and streamlining of game play starting with Avadon and continuing in A:EftP.

Originally Posted By: Kestral
Yeah, there's still some kinks to iron out in the UI.

For me the most annoying is often not being able to easily click on the square I want if the surrounding area is crowded with enemies.

There's a lot of little improvements I hope they make for the next game (and maybe release in a patch of this game as well?) that can take it from good to great. They've already come a long way though, with all the UI improvements and streamlining of game play starting with Avadon and continuing in A:EftP.

Agreed. Slow, steady improvements I hope in the next installment! I'd quite like to see just a tiny bit of zooming in (just so I can identify items without 'i'); might help with 'clicking on wrong square' probs too grin