geneforge 2 recruit question

One awesome thing about geneforge 2 that sets it apart from the others in the series, is the fact that you can recruit a bunch of characters, such as a melee based taker servile, an awakened sorcerer, a rat you find, a vlish you find, and even more that I am not remembering

However, there is no skills to level up when you get them to the next level. That is not introduced til the next game. You can't control them in battle due to this, and later on te rat can die in on or two hits.

Is there a way to edit this part of the game? I searched the forums and didn't find anything.

I run the game on windows, so idk if th character editor would let you edit this section of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

ok sir. you did forget the thahd in the clearing as well as the large roamer you find in the back of a bandit stronghold. Also Alpha Hyrk in the shaper hermit dudes cave in BArzite Lands. There are a few flaws to your ideas.

These creations that you pick up have been independant for who knows how long. They are also creations that you did not create. These two facts give me the impression that we shouldnt be able to shape them into stronger beings, which is really what we are doing when we upgrade our creations stats, and to control them in battle. Also, I believe that alone the rat and the vlish both do poorly on the battlefield, and the Alpha doesnt last very long depending on what stage of the game you pick him up in.

I agree that the recruitment thing was big in this game and I found Heust Blade, the Roamer, and the Alpha to be effective fighters. I just think that since they are not your creations you shouldnt be able to control them like other games.

I concur. You can fully control Alwn and Greta in G3 and increase their skills at no essence cost. Of course that brings up the topic of one of them eventually leaving. Another is Greenfang. He is fully controlled by th player (I'm not sure if you could increase his stats freely). He left when you encountered Shalia in G4. But those were included in the party roster. In G2, NPCs are not included in the roster (I think) so you do not control them. Even if they were, G1 and G2 is all AI except for yourself and your creations with 2 or more levels of intelligence.