Scattered Scripts...

adc.

Yes. I have succeeded after 3 hours of figuring out, has led a new errrrr... discovery?

---------------

If you are a script editor and you found yourself in a well... scattered script such as you know, this:

script.png

Will be organized for better view by using this method:

Method:

ATTENTION: This only works for Windows. Idk if it does on Mac...

1.) On a notepad, press ctrl + a then copy

2.) Paste it on wordpad

3.) press ctrl + a then copy again

4.) paste it on a new notepad, name it with the script's name then save it

easy as 123

------------------

-Advice, Nightwatcher

Is the point here to fix the lack of line breaks? A word like "scattered" isn't really descriptive enough to explain what you're talking about.

This probably isn't an issue on Macs or in most word processing programs because they'll recognize the line breaks properly to begin with. It's just that Notepad has issues.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
What Kel said. The scripts show up with the correct line breaks in any decent text editor. Notepad does not count as decent. tongue

Really, the only justification for using Notepad is because it's on every computer produced over the past half century. Something like n++ or SciTE should really be used if you're just editing scrips on your computer.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Really, the only justification for using Notepad is because it's on every computer running Windows.
FYT. I can't speak for what text editing software comes with the various Linux distros, but TextEdit in OS X displays line breaks correctly. I prefer BBEdit for scripting though.

Well yeah, thanks for the line break thing. I wasn't really an experienced script editor. I'm just a random guy who studies scripts inside scripts. Which, is a slow and a fun way to study scripts.

--------------

To most who commented:

Thanks for the suggestions/ideas to you guys. I only posted this to all who weren't computer pros or just internet kids like me. At least it could help to any computer newbies

If we're talking about scripts, do you know how I can tell the script to read the screen (for example find a button with a specific word and click on it with the mouse)?

An acquaintance once told me he made a script that played a scrabble word game for him, it read the letters off the screen, compared them to a dictionary and offered the highest score possibilities. But he didn't want to tell me how he did it.

Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin
Method:
ATTENTION: This only works for Windows. Idk if it does on Mac...
1.) On a notepad, press ctrl + a then copy
2.) Paste it on wordpad
3.) press ctrl + a then copy again
4.) paste it on a new notepad, name it with the script's name then save it
easy as 123
Better method:
1.) Open the file using just about any text editor other than Notepad.
2.) Delete/add a character.
3.) Undo the action you took in step #2.
4.) Click "Save."