I'm playing the steam edition and I have Vista 64bit.

When I launch the game, I can hear the music. After creating the party, I've noticed that the music's volume was turned down while reading the prologue/intro.

And then, when the game starts, no sound. No music. Nothing. If I return to the main menu, the sound returns but with a low volume. Trying to load my game or starting another one... No sound again.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

Originally Posted By: Kreador
There is no music in the actual play of the game. You should hear background sounds, like dripping water and stuff, but no in game soundtrack. If you're not hearing any sounds, pull up the Settings from the Game Menu and at the bottom you'll see Sound Settings.

I don't get any sound. I've played other Spidweb games and I know there's ambient sounds, menu sounds, combat sounds... But this game get's completely mute when you start/load the game.

The sound settings are fine: Volume normal, background on.

Originally Posted By: MMXPERT
of course you can replace some sounds in the game files.

Find the music files for battle starts and town entries and replace them, and voila!

Town/Battle music.

Good idea, but could you specify which files should I replace? It's a bit messy in there...

Originally Posted By: Andariel
Good idea, but could you specify which files should I replace? It's a bit messy in there...

You actually can't do this; the sound files are built right into the .exe (no idea how it works on Mac, but I assume it's something similar), so you can't access them to change them. Sorry.

Also, welcome back Overwhelming! Haven't seen you around for a while!