A:EftP - Bahssikava's monsters (bit spoiling)

managed to kill araneas which were near 3rd drake (which is still alive) although wasn't easy since those damn spiders just love daze and terror and that worm they summon just loves to lightning my 1st fighter who was once 1 hp away from death after spiders had attacked, lightning and poison had done their damages (and that fighter was full or near full health before attacks etc). those slimes near stairs were nasty too.

tactic is kill big monster goto nearest friendly place to get get magic points back and then head back to kill next big baddie.

pit at A5 is nothing compared to Bahss dungeon's monsters, casters don't do anything else than keep fighters at full health.

This dungeon was kind of a pain, mainly just because it's so energy draining. There are a bunch of huge fights which require lots of energy to survive. So for me the worst part about Bahssikava wasn't so much the monsters as much as it was the tediousness of having to run back through three levels (including a boat ride and tons of switches with monsters that periodically respawn) to a town after every fight. It really made me wish I had invested in First Aide, but by then it was too late.

I have bit invested to first aid but no fa can regenerate all spellpoints back after drake match, that mutant lizard at upper Bahss is bad if it has resurrected since it usually takes more health than first aid gives back and difference between full health and current health is bit big to be filled by eating food since it would take a while.

This was one of my more favorite dungeons. I think I first came across it around level 18, promptly got my butt kicked & came back at 25+. By that time the extra hit points as well as more damage done per turn was enough to make it through. The combination of puzzles, secret doors & tough fights made for an enjoyable time.

Originally Posted By: Juan Carlo
This dungeon was kind of a pain, mainly just because it's so energy draining. There are a bunch of huge fights which require lots of energy to survive. So for me the worst part about Bahssikava wasn't so much the monsters as much as it was the tediousness of having to run back through three levels (including a boat ride and tons of switches with monsters that periodically respawn) to a town after every fight. It really made me wish I had invested in First Aide, but by then it was too late.

I try to play a clean game, but a situation like this is one where I'll break out the cheat codes. I too used to spend a lot of time running back & forth to town to recharge but then decided that if I had a safe route out of the dungeon/was at the start of it/start of a level that I should just use the 'imdrained' cheat to reload the energy.

It may not be completely pure but I justify it with the fact that my available time for goofing off on the computer is a lot more limited these days. I figure that if I'm at the point where I could make it back to town to reload without trouble, it's justifiable to 'cheat'. Over a complete game, those 2-3 minutes that would have been spent running back & forth just to recharge can easily add up to an hour or more of time saved.

It's your game to play as you wish. Some may not consider this completely kosher but I'd rather spend my play time doing something other than wearing a path through the wilderness going back & forth to town.