Encyclopedia Ermariana not working?

Darklord2831

...I'm not even sure how it ended up blank. It appears fixed from my end now.

Also, Diprosopus. I remember clearly thinking he wasn't some sort of troll. Heh

Originally Posted By: Kelandon
We had some fun arguments in late 2007 and early 2008. Whatever happened to those, anyway?

Alec went away and I settled down...

It wasn't any one person. The whole culture of the boards shifted. Documenting that is half the reason I started the whole history project. But as for Kelandon's question, allow me to quote Student of Trinity from 2005:

"It's never so much that the good ol' days were consistently good, as just that they contained a few good times, and these are all anyone remembers, because they alone are worth remembering. It is probably worth mentioning this rather bland point, because a whole era of dense goodness would be impossible to reproduce, but a few good times can quite easily come again."

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
EDIT: Kel, was that a response to my perverting Drakey's mango comment into a cheesecake comment?

No. It was a response to your not liking my perverse interpretation of something that Marlenny said.

As for the "good times" thing, yeah, that's true and all, but I don't mean "Where did the good times go?" I mean that we had vigorous political/scientific/philosophical debates on these boards from their origin until a few years ago. I thought they had died down several years earlier than they actually did. But it appears that those debates ended circa 2008 (though I haven't really checked in great detail).

I think it's some combination of departures, maturing, and boredom, as Excalibur said. Which, yes, amounts to a cultural shift.

Hmm. Well, I do remember saying "Those are hideous cheesecakes."

As for the debates, they haven't completely disappeared, but they are dramatically less frequent now. And they weren't always around either; the debates only sprang up in large numbers around 2004 -- when the RPs became less prevalent, and not coincidentally, when BoA's release caused another big cultural shift on the boards. There were really only 3-4 years of those heavy debates.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Thank you, Diki! The best part of that thread, given the current context, is:

Originally Posted By: John S
After the next PPP of General, will this thread conveniently disappear from both the boards and the archives?

Damn! I knew I'd forgotten something.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I found a couple errors:

Avernum Reloaded IC 2

Avernum Reloaded Summaries 2

(For reference, Avernum Reloaded OOC 2 works.)

Thanks! That's actually a bug in the xbbcode module; I just fixed it.