Avadon for $2.49 on Steam!

Alarian

Originally Posted By: VCH
OMG; now that $28.00 I spent seems even worse.

But you didn't have to wait up to a year until you could buy and play it.

It's the same thing with buy any item where if you wait long enough the price will usually drop because there are newer and shinier ones available.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: VCH
OMG; now that $28.00 I spent seems even worse.

But you didn't have to wait up to a year until you could buy and play it.

It's the same thing with buy any item where if you wait long enough the price will usually drop because there are newer and shinier ones available.

iphone 4s vs 3g

Old Spiderweb gamer here who was drawn back by Avadon for $2.49 on Steam.

I was 14, I guess, when I first registered Exile I by mailing in a check, only to have my fundamentalist mother confiscate the letter with the registration code because the game contained witchcraft. Fortunately I had already written down the code. Good times.

Avernum was OK but I missed the more tactical feel of Exile, where you could strategically place walls of force and had to carefully place fireballs or risk hurting your other PCs. I like Avadon's move back in that direction. No friendly fire spells or "persisting zone" spells (that I've found yet, anyway), but the radius of control and the Blademaster's challenge and the shaped spell attacks like Lightning Burst are nice nods in that direction.

I bought Avadon for $2.49 and Batman: Arkham City for $20. I've played 30 minutes of Batman. I've played hours of Avadon.

So here's hoping that my "good times" story is a little balm for the bitterness of seeing others practically steal a really excellent game that is more than worth Batman's $20. smile