Normal or Hard Difficulty medal

Killua Zordik

I see, by the way, one of the tips in-game mentioned that the tougher the enemy, the more experience you'll gain.

Does it mean that if you play the game on Hard difficulty all throughout, you will gain a much higher level and you'll gain more points in abilities in total at the end of the game?

Originally Posted By: Killua Zordik
I see, by the way, one of the tips in-game mentioned that the tougher the enemy, the more experience you'll gain.

Does it mean that if you play the game on Hard difficulty all throughout, you will gain a much higher level and you'll gain more points in abilities in total at the end of the game?

No. Experience is on a sliding scale based on the relationship between your level and the enemy's level. Nothing to do with the difficulty setting of the game.

If you're concerned about end-game ability, that's moot anyway. The level cap is low enough that you'll almost certainly reach it well before the end of the game.

—Alorael, who believes it's possible to only reach the high 20's if you scrupulously avoid all side-quests. Most people don't and hit 30 early enough to really use their final builds.

I played as Tristram for my main characters, and I chose Shima and Jenell as my only companions for balance, the rest I just don't want to use them so I don't give them any equipments.

My concern is will there be a time at end-game that all four of the companions have to be used and therefore I need to set aside equipments and items for my other 2 unused companions?

At some points in the game your companions have their own stupid quest where they expect you to drop what you are doing and join them. Unless you do so they won't be around until you at least find them and tell them to come home.

Putting some equipment on them in preparation for this is helpful and for the endgame. However as long as you keep equipment in your room at some point you will be able to equip them.