GF4 advice

defen

Are creations worthwhile in the long run with very limited investment (to the tune of 3 points in Intelligence and 3-4 in Magic Shaping) for a Warrior? Assume no leveling for the creatins, just creating as needed for tough fights and then absorbing.

Should Healing Magic be increased at all? What about Endurance?

Is parry worthwhile beyond the first few points? I presume it is not as broken as in GF2.

Do chapter changes permanently close off zones (in other words, are ground stashes at risk)?

And, if possible with minimal spoilers, is Barzahl still alive and kicking somewhere within GF4/5?

Originally Posted By: defen
Are creations worthwhile in the long run with very limited investment (to the tune of 3 points in Intelligence and 3-4 in Magic Shaping) for a Warrior? Assume no leveling for the creatins, just creating as needed for tough fights and then absorbing.

That is, I understand it, the ideal build for a Warrior/Guardian - having temporary creations for situations in a pinch. That said, I've never run a Warrior/Guardian, so I'm not an authority.

Quote:

For a Warrior? Not likely. That's what pods and spores are for.

Quote:
Is parry worthwhile beyond the first few points? I presume it is not as broken as in GF2.

It is not as broken as in G2, no, so you shouldn't invest as many points in parry.

Quote:
Do chapter changes permanently close off zones (in other words, are ground stashes at risk)?

No, they're fine. A few characters move around after each "chapter" but other than that everything is static.

Quote:
And, if possible with minimal spoilers, is Barzahl still alive and kicking somewhere within GF4/5?

No.

Take advantage of trainers to reduce spending skill points on things that aren't needed to survive. By mid game you can find enough items to be able to Shape decent creations without needing to invest much in Shaping. It's easy to get up to 7 in a Shaping class with just items.

Get Healing magic so you can heal a lot every few rounds, but reducing damage with armor is better since you don't need to heal as much.

Originally Posted By: defen

Creations are of course worthwhile. I'd recommend you to keep you wingbolts once you have them, before that you can play anyway you want.

Healing Magic should not be increased with your skill point, while you should put quite some skill points into Endurance.