iPad issues - special items and secret passages

lerumeur

Relative newbie, but have spent hours trolling the forum for answers here. No luck.

I am playing on the iPad.

How do you find/activate secret passages? Just walk up to them, tap them, use light? What?

How do you activate special items in the quests menu?

Specifically I am stuck in the Wretches Warren. I cannot find any secret passages - in on the way in or out coming home. I have the Copper Wretches Key from the shaman in my special items in the quest menu, but I cannot use it at the gate. I have tried to use the item from the quest menu, but nada.

Cheers.

To open secret passages, you need to find little switches on the walls: they appear as small brown squares. Tap them and a passage will open somewhere nearby.

Special items can't be used: they're either always active, or they have their effect automatically at a specific time.

Where are you stuck in the Warrens? We can help you better if we know what's blocking you. Gates are usually operated by big mechanisms that you click on.

—Alorael, who in particular wants to know if you're still outside, underneath, or inside. Or are you just searching for secrets?

And since the "cursor" in this case is your finger, it's even harder to see the switches. If you want to see what they look like, check out this map of the lower Warrens (since you've already cleared the area, it won't be too spoilery). Secret door switches are marked with a lettered red dot.

Also, if you're still stuck, click the link to the map of the Upper Warrens to see which doors your key will unlock. Remember, the key will be used automatically when you try to open the door.

Originally Posted By: lerumeur
Thanks guys. All good now. Only thing now is when I return to the golds rag pylon it won't let me return to avadon. Just brings up my inventory......

?..

Aw man, you've hit a bug that shows up sometimes. The only reliable solution is to reload to a previous saved game from before it happened.