A6 - Possible to create knowledge brews?

Danswan

Originally Posted By: Trenton the dragon lord
The avernites let them build a colony in their land after what happened in the third and fourth game? What is wrong with them? If I was in control, I would start a war with them, and somehow pull the empire in it >.> Im sure they would love to get back at them for destroying their land.
Rentar-Ihrno : Vahnatai :: Osama bin Laden : Muslims.

You'll note that in A3 there are some vahnatai who help you, and in A4 there are vahnatai who literally assault Rentar-Ihrno's fortress with you. She has a lot of clout within her faction, obviously, but her people aren't all the vahnatai.

—Alorael, who thinks starting a war with all the vahnatai over that would be repeating Rentar's mistake of taking revenge against a country for the actions of a faction thereof. The end result would, of course, be an unstoppable party of vahnatai adventurers.

No, the response to adventurers tends to be war, which is always unsuccessful because armies lose to parties of adventurers. (See: A2 in response to A1, A4 in response to A3.) Adventurer versus adventurer conflict has more potential, but it's not so cut and dried. The A4 party is highly successful against Rentar's non-adventurer vahnatai, but would they do so well against true vahnatai counterparts? Precedents (Nethergate) suggest a near draw is much more likely.

—Alorael, who isn't sure whether vahnatai are more Celtic or Roman. He leans towards the former: they're more magical and less armored. But they're not reliant on outside magical help with convenient vulnerabilities, and they're actually Greys.

I was going to say that, but didn't want to spoil Avernum 6 for anyone who was still laboring under the misapprehension that it was not going to be the most depressing game they would ever play. Still.

Click to reveal..
Even the Vahnatai are embarassed about starting a colony in Avernum. There's also a character (not an Avernite) who will reward you for destroying the colony.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
I was going to say that, but didn't want to spoil Avernum 6 for anyone who was still laboring under the misapprehension that it was not going to be the most depressing game they would ever play. Still.

well i already spoiled the existence of the colony, and the part about the sliths isn't really a spoiler when it is literally one of the first things you learn when you start the game

OK, open up Avernum 6 Files, then open Scripts, and locate a file called "z63grindstdlg.txt". Make a back-up copy of it in case of accidents, then open it up and search for the word "sign", which should eventually lead you to this:

Code:
begintalknode 5;	state = -1;	nextstate = -1;	condition = 1;	question = "special";	text1 = "This sign is battered but still legible:";	text2 = "  GRINDSTONE";

Change it so it looks exactly like this:

Code:
begintalknode 5;	state = -1;	nextstate = -1;	condition = 1;	question = "special";	text1 = "This sign is battered but still legible:";	text2 = "  GRINDSTONE";	code = 		reward_give(287);	break;

Save your changes. Clicking on that sign will now put a mandrake tincture into your inventory. Of course, you'll have to find it first - I don't remember exactly where it is. tongue