Curses/magic augmenting items

Superba

I still don't understand what kind of power exactly affect the items augmenting curses percent and magic ones. This is due to my not excellent knowledge of English language (and honestly I am not the one who reads game istructions).

Nathalie's got magical powers and Jenell curses powers?

I.e. when there's a cloak that gives +5% magic and some gloves that give +8% curses which of the two ladies would have a higher benefit from the different items?

A side question: there's a skin bracelet that gives 5% more protection versus melee attacks; so does this item not protect as an armor from all other kind of hits?

• 2 weeks later...

The skin bracelet just works against melee attacks so it isn't as good as regular gauntlets that protect more and work against missile too.

Shamans and sorceresses would both benefit from increased magical damage. I'm not sure which would do better with blessings/curses.

• 3 weeks later...

You've pretty much got it right.

War curse reduces the damage you inflict.

Weakness curse increases the damage you receive from physical attacks.

Vulnerability curse increases the damage you receive from magical attacks.

You can learn all of this by mousing over the little icons that appear beside your portrait when you're afflicted with any of those statuses.