Blademaster Cleave with Archery?

Sylaks Shredding Guitar

Hey everyone, I've been playing Spiderweb games for a long time. Never posted here, though I've found lots of good tips here over the years, especially after I discovered the glory of playing Spiderweb games on Torment difficulty (I'll never look back)! Anyway I just scrapped my first run-through of Avadon to restart with what I believe to be a superior strategy! I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these games, and I'd already sold the bow I needed so retraining was out of the question, and the only reasonable thing to do was start over from scratch!

Enough of that, here's my quandry:

I'm building a Dex-based archery Blademaster, and I'm wondering whether or not the Cleave ability applies to melee attacks only, or can I also cleave with a bow? After training the skill, I didn't see the 15% chance for an extra attack listed on the bow the way it was on my sword, so I reloaded my quicksave. I've seen NPC archers cleave before though, is that unique to them or can I indeed cleave with my bow?

NPC archers can cleave, but they're not blademasters. It's the shadowwalker who gets the ranged cleave attack, and the shaman gets a chance to cleave with her main staff attack.

—Alorael, who wouldn't just scrap a save and lose all that progress! Midway through the game you can reallocate all your stats. And if that's too late, hit shift + D and enter "retrain" (without the quotes) and you can retrain to your heart's content.

For me, the ability to retrain your characters is actually one of the things that reduces the replayability of the game. That and the fact that all the playable characters are the same as the companions, so a single play gives you the chance to experience all the different skills (as compared to Geneforge, where I would adapt play style to use different skills dependent on character class).

(At this point I was going to quote Alo's misspelling of his own name for posterity, but out of charity [not to mention goodly fear of The Power Of The Mods] I decided not to.)