New Post Layout

Sullust

Do you mean getting rid of the left bar entirely, or leaving it where it is and just removing the registration date, postcount and location?

If the latter, that's a great idea, as the extra padding between posts is really not necessary. We already have a whole row of buttons there, and another blank row with the title for the next post. I'm gonna go look at this.

I sort of like seeing some of this information, but in another way I also long for the simple and uncluttered layout we had before the upgrade. No avatars, no sidebar links, and all the interesting information (location, posts, join date) was in a single line below the post. Basically like this.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Originally Posted By: Lt. Sullust
While we're at it, maybe change the edited tag as well. That doesn't seem like it needs multiple lines.

You can always take the option to not display that you edited your post, and encourage others to do the same.

I just presumed that the "Don't say my post was edited" option was for minor cosmetic changes like spelling and word order, and that you'd only make it as edited if you did something like

EDIT: adding a major thought or revising large parts of your post.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
I sort of like seeing some of this information, but in another way I also long for the simple and uncluttered layout we had before the upgrade. No avatars, no sidebar links, and all the interesting information (location, posts, join date) was in a single line below the post. Basically like this.

I suspect if they can edit the template, we can modify the posts to look exactly like this. It just looks so clean.