Favorite Film Scenes

Callie

Attica! Attica!

Stella!

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing. -or-

Miss Jean Louise, Mr. Arthur Radley. I believe he already knows you.

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up. -or-

I'm am big; It's the pictures that got small!

What do they call you, boy? They call me Mr. Tibbs!

Rosebud.

Mmm, Juicy Fruit.

I'm walkin' here!

You talkin' to me?

I dont have to show you any stinkin' badges!

...You hold the chicken between your knees... [condensed from the dialog of Five Easy Pieces]

No, ma'am, we're musicians.

Nazis. I hate Nazis. (spiders, snakes, etc.)

Lord of the Rings: Everything

Pan's Labyrinth: Everything

25th Hour: the F scene, and the finale

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: Opening

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: Snape's memories

Star Wars: "I am your father"

To Kill a Mockingbird: The Trial

More as I think of them

A few scenes from Monty Python's The Holy Grail.

1. "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

2. "Who's castle is that?"

3. "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

4. "There are some who call me...Tim?."

Let's see if you can guess what movies these other quotes from scenes came from.

["The kid's a punk, he don't even speak good English!"

"He doesn't even speak good English "]

["Do you see the tourists with their video cameras, hoping the cops will shoot you so they can sell the tape to Goriest Police Shoot-outs?"]

["I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."]

Post #611 cool

I've got a lot of favorite scenes, but most are rather difficult to describe in words. So I'll got with the following bit of dialogue, from the legendary Easy Rider. In the movie, the George Hanson character is played by Jack Nicholson, while Billy is played by Dennis Hopper.

"George Hanson: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Billy: Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened. Hey, we can't even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or somethin'. They're scared, man.

George Hanson: They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Billy: Hey, man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody who needs a haircut.

George Hanson: Oh, no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about.

George Hanson: Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Well, it don't make 'em runnin' scared.

George Hanson: No, it makes 'em dangerous."

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Not the
scene? ;-)

Hahaha, I had somehow forgotten that hilarious moment. Though that scene is great, as is George Hanson's football helmet, I've got to stick to my guns here.

Nikki, I would highly recommend it. But, from experience watching this with folks that were short on patience, a reader must be prepared for a good deal of "talky" scenes and not a ton of action. All the dialogue is splendid, though, so that's no criticism.