All the Creeping Things: An AIMhack Campaign

Lilith

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out why my XP total wasn't adding up, and trying to figure out where I was getting 3 extra XP.

Turns out, I apparently made an error when I submitted Amadan's finalized skill list, and forgot to increase Amadan's nature skill like I had intended. *facepalm*

Anyway, other than that, it was not an exciting skill boost. Only spending 7 and boosting a couple NC skills (plus correcting my error).

Click to reveal.. (AMADAN RAYTON, XP-98)
AMADAN RAYTON

Pragmatic Male Human Alchemical Hunter of Liea

HEALTH: 20/21

STAMINA: 10/10

SKILL POINTS: 02/98

Missile (Archery): 7 (28)

Magic (Transmutation): 6 (21)

Perception: 4+1 (10)

Stealth: 3+1 (6)

Alchemy: 3 (6)

Acrobatics: 3 (6)

Arcana: 3 (6)

Nature: 3 (6)

Melee (Knives): 2 (3)

Artifice: 2 (3)

Athletics: 1 (1)

Originally Posted By: Lilith
By my calculations, Creidne actually has 6 spare points with those skills.

That'll be because I miscalculated on my original spending. There should've been 7 left, instead of 1 now that I've gone back and double-checked:

Click to reveal..

Melee: 7 = (1+2+3+4+5+6+7 = 28)
Acrob: 5 = (1+2+3+4+5 = 15)
Athle: 4 = (1+2+3+4 = 10)
Perce: 3 = (1+2+3 = 6)
Compo: 2 = (1+2 = 3)
Steal: 3 = (1+2+3 = 6)
Thiev: 2 = (1+2 = 3)
Stree: 3 = (1+2+3 = 6)
F.Aid: 3 = (1+2+3 = 6)

Total = 28+15+10+6+3+6+3+6+6 = 83

With the 7 left, and the 8 extra you gave us, that leaves 6 after I spend 9 improving two skills. I'll go back and amend my "points remaining" value.

Weimin's been keeping his eyes and ears (do lacewings have ears?) peeled during his visit to Pelinora, trying to get a feel for the city. He's also been learning what to say to nobles (or, at least, what not to say):

Click to reveal..
Melee (Swords): 7

Missile (Knives): 4

Artifice: 4

Composure: 5

Stealth: 4

Thievery: 4

Streetwise: 3

Perception: 2

Athletics: 2

Acrobatics: 2

Arcana: 0 (+1 racial)

Good news, everyone

My lab times for the fall are 2:00 - 5:00 Wednesdays and 8:00 - 11:00 Thursdays (Mountain time). This means my availability for AIMHack does not change.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Unless something's come up for anyone since they filled in the calendar, next session is scheduled for Saturday September Seventeenth (sorry i couldn't resist the alliteration~) at 11:00 pm UTC.

be there OR ELSE

Ack. Sadly, that whole weekend just filled up.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucia:

Click to reveal..
HP: 12/12

Magic (Evocation): 9 [+1]

Perception: 6 (+1 racial)

Nature: 6 [+1]

Acrobatics: 4 (+1 racial)

Arcana: 3

Spare Pts: 0

And with that increase in Evocation, Lucia can learn another spell! Here's my pick (pending approval of course).

Click to reveal.. (Courtesy of the Spell Compendium)
Star Missile: Fires a superheated (in excess of 1400 Celsius) magic missile at the target. The resultant missile is capable of burning its way through all but the most stubborn targets and obstacles, and frequently causing ignition in any even slightly flammable objects. Also leaves a trail of fire in the air behind it because of its incredible temperature.

In addition to his experience, I'm also posting inventory (which had changes) and his recipe book (which has new additions thanks to those 8 shiny new skill points). The potions in red have not been approved (which is most of them).

Click to reveal.. (AMADAN RAYTON, XP-106)
AMADAN RAYTON

Pragmatic Male Human Alchemical Hunter of Liea

HEALTH: 21/21

STAMINA: 10/10

SKILL POINTS: 01/106

Missile (Archery): 7 (28)

Magic (Transmutation): 6 (21)

Alchemy: 5 (15)

Perception: 4+1 (10)

Stealth: 3+1 (6)

Acrobatics: 3 (6)

Arcana: 3 (6)

Nature: 3 (6)

Melee (Knives): 2 (3)

Artifice: 2 (3)

Athletics: 1 (1)

Click to reveal.. (INVENTORY)
WEALTH - 6 Gold, 11 Silvers, 17 Coppers (TOTAL – 7.27)

EQUIPPED/WORN

Ricochet Bow – A magical bow etched with transmutational runes. Provides a flat +1 accuracy bonus. Upon missing, a second d20 is rolled; a roll above a 15 ricochets towards the nearest logical foe with the amount above 15 added to-hit. A roll below 6 ricochets towards the nearest logical ally with the amount below 6 added to-hit. Anything between misses as normal.

Quiver – A standard quiver for holding arrows.

____10x Wood Arrows – Standard, cheap arrows that can be whittled from long sticks.

____0x Iron Arrows – Well-crafted iron-tipped arrows. +1 Bonus when firing, less likely to break.

____10x Steel Arrows – High-quality steel-tipped arrows. +2 Bonus when firing, less likely to break.

Athame – A small athame, typically used for utility or alchemical purposes. In a pinch, it can also be used to poke holes in an enemy.

Fancy Clothing – Respectable dark green clothing, fitted so it goes over Amadan's body armor.

Leather Armor (+1ARM)– Bog-standard leather armor. Relatively light-weight, quiet, and good for protecting those squishy vital organs.

Buckler (+1DEF) – Your typical buckler with a wrist strap. Used to help deflect attacks without weighing the wielder down.

Prosthetic Gauntlet – A gauntlet that replaces Amadan's missing right middle finger, enabling him to fire a bow right-handed; a series of wires connected to the right ring finger enable him to bend the artificial middle finger to a limited extent via bending his ring finger.

Leather Boots – An important feature of any rugged ensemble.

Pendent of Liea – A holy symbol of Liea. Has no powers, but identifies the person as a follower of Liea.

Pack – An adventurer would be nothing without his or her trusty pack.

PACK

Alchemy Kit – A small kit with all the essentials to perform alchemy. It also has a small pouch for reagents.

____1x Empty Vials – Necessary for holding potions or more dangerous (or messy) reagents

____1x Air Reagents - Alchemical reagents, embodying motion and creativity. Usually consists of an animal's sensory organs or meteorites.

____1x Earth Reagents - Alchemical reagents, embodying stability and protection. Usually consists of animal bones and crystalline materials.

____1x Fire Reagents - Alchemical reagents, embodying destruction and change. Usually consists of caustic substances and animals' natural defenses (claws, teeth, venom).

____1x Water Reagents - Alchemical reagents, embodying persistence and restoration. Usually consists of fossils and animals' vital organs.

____Amadan's Recipe Book – A book of alchemical recipes. Has blank pages for storing new recipes learned in his travels.

Hawkeye Brew – Improves eyesight for 30 minutes, providing +3 perception and +1 Missile Weapons.

Kath Inhibitor – A smoky-clear inhibitor that boosts the imbiber's resistance to poisons and toxins, and reduces their effects for 2 hours.

Healing Tonic – Restores 6 HP.

Paralytic – A slimy violet poison that causes the muscles of the victim to freeze up, causing either penalties to-act or outright paralysis for a short time.

Primal Philter – Shuts down higher thought processes and taps into primal instincts. Heavily boosts unarmed combat and provides small bonuses to other mundane combat. Heavily penalizes anything requiring considerable thought or focus (such as magic, composure, etc).

4x Jerky – Portions of dried meat. The tastier alternative to hardtack.

2x Waterskins – Bags capable of holding two days of (preferably potable) water each.

25ft. Rope – A rope of 25 feet. Useful for chasm crossing, cliff climbing, or cattle catching.

Dragonfly Signet – It's a signet of a dragonfly! Used to identify oneself as a servant of Lady Arielle, but keep out of sight at all other times.

Dark Cotton Pants and Undershirt - Motians generally frown upon undressed people in public, especially if they're mammals.

Click to reveal.. (ALCHEMICAL RECIPES)
PRIMARY RECIPES (1 REAGENT)

Healing Tonic (Water) – Heals 6 HP when drunk.

Hawkeye Brew (Air) – A lightweight and simple brew that temporarily improves one's eyesight, providing a +3 Perception and an ancillary +1 Missile Weapons for 30 minutes.

Alchemical Fire (Fire) – Catches fire when exposed to air.

Stamina Potion (Earth) – Recovers 3 STM.

Aerolyzer (Air) – A clear liquid that, when mixed with a potion, poison, or other liquid, renders it aerosol. This reduces its potency, but enables the effect to be spread across a moderate area-of-effect. Note that this does not work on all potions (and is just a generally bad idea with others).

SECONDARY RECIPES (2 REAGENTS)

Kath Inhibitor (Earth + Fire) – The smoky-clear Kath Inhibitor is a simple and effective counter to poisons; it provides a moderate boost to saves versus most poisons and toxins, and reduces the effects of any poisons that get through in its duration. Note that exotic or extremely potent poisons or toxins may be unaffected. The inhibitor lasts roughly 2 hours, but receiving heavy doses of poisons may reduce its duration.

Potion of Defensive Insight (Air + Earth) - This thin grey brew enhances the imbiber's self-preservation instincts and reflexes, providing a +2 bonus to physical/magical defenses and saves. While active, if the imbiber takes a hit that would knock him to-or-below 0 HP, this potion enables the character to partially avoid the hit, stabilizing at 1 HP. This also terminates the potion's effects. Side-effects include mild paranoia and a sense of impending doom.

Paralytic (Air + Fire) - This slimy violet poison causes the victim's muscles to freeze up, forcing a save. If the victim passes, it takes a penalty to-act for a short time. If the victim fails, they're paralyzed for a few rounds. Can be imbibed or absorbed through an open wound.

Bloodlet Toxin (Fire + Water) - This poison acts as an anticoagulant, causing even minor wounds to bleed profusely. Those affected by this poison take more damage from any attack or harm that draws blood until the toxin is purged.

Primal Philter (Earth + Fire) – This red translucent potion shuts down the higher functions of the mind and taps into the imbiber's primal instincts; the drinker gains large bonuses to fighting unarmed or with natural weapons (teeth, claws, breath) and small bonuses to all other forms of mundane combat. However, until the potion wears off, spellcasting, complex combat techniques, composure, and anything beyond basic knowledge all take heavy penalties. The effects last 30 minutes.

TERTIARY POTIONS (3 REAGENTS)

Sunder Mist (Air + Fire + Water) – This potent brown potion turns into mist on contact with air, eroding and sundering most woods and metals within a 6-space radius of where the potion was opened (or thrown). Magical items and objects are immune to the mist's effects.

Explosive (Air + Earth + Fire) - A thick greasy paste that explodes when struck violently, producing little heat but immense concussive force.

Aural Ether (Air + Earth + Water) – This potion brings the drinker in tune with the magical world. They can more easily spot the presence of magic, and can detect and identify the magical auras of items, enchanted areas, and creatures for the time the potion is in effect. Lasts roughly 30 minutes.

Syrup of Stickiness (Earth + Fire + Water) – This sticky syrup can either be ingested or applied to objects. When ingested, it causes the imbiber to become incredibly sticky, enabling them to keep a far stronger hold on objects and creatures, and improve their ability at climbing, keeping one's balance, or any feat in which stickiness might be helpful for roughly 1 hour. When applied to an object, it causes that object to stick with incredible force to the next person who touches it. The drawbacks should be obvious, and may the gods have mercy if this is combined with an Aerolyzer.

Wardwater (Earth + Fire + Water) – When drunk, protects the imbiber from magic. It provides defensive and save bonuses versus magical attacks, spells, and auras. It also provides damage and effect resistance versus instant-hit spells (such as curses, scrying, and some attack spells). Can last up to 1 hour, but the more magic it deflects, the shorter its duration becomes.

Oh, right.

Weimin is mentally prepping for Operation Blow Stuff Up, so let's go with +1 Artifice and +1 Stealth.

Click to reveal..
Melee (Swords): 7

Missile (Knives): 4

Composure: 5

Thievery: 5

Artifice: 5

Stealth: 5

Streetwise: 3

Perception: 2

Acrobatics: 2

Arcana: 0 (+1 racial)

Points Banked: 3

Woo, session 4 is complete!

Click to reveal.. (Lephista)
Lephista

HP 20/20, Sta 10/10

Magic (Conjuration): 11

First Aid: 6 (+1 racial)

Athletics: 4

Composure: 4

Melee (Aikido): 3

Alchemy: 3

Arcana: 2

Perception: 1

Stealth: 1

Acrobatics: 1

1 point banked

Click to reveal.. (New Spell)
Seline's Dread CloudConjures a cloud of thin, yellowish, poisonous fog. The fog is thin enough to be seen through normally, but will do damage over time to anything that breathes inside it.

ok so i've finally got time to start getting on top of these logs

i'll be posting them throughout the next couple of days or so as they get done

ATCT Session 1

also have a quotes

Click to reveal..
Amadan: I set off on foot toward the tower. "I'll walk as well. The last horse I tried to ride threw me off and nearly trampled me."

Weimin: "And you suspect that Hirst's wish went wrong as well. Do you remember the wording of it?"

Lephista: "Not precisely. We had just fought a dragon. I was a little winded."

Creidne: "I must say, I'm finding it novel helping a husband and wife stay together, but I think it's the best way to get to the bottom of this mystery."

Weimin: "My thanks." I grab some fruit when it is offered to me. "I have some hardtack and salted beef of my own, but it will likely keep longer, and I would like to save it for the journey back. Well, as much as anyone 'likes' to save hardtack."

Arielle: "Still, I find it hard to believe that he would mean to harm me."

Lucia: "I don't think he would, at least intentionally. But intentions have a funny way of not taking facts into account."

Creidne: I subtly motion to Lucia to shut up.

Lucia: I stick my tongue out at Creidne.

Lucia: "If she's not out by morning, I'm going in after her."

Amadan: "If we're still waiting by morning, I guarantee you that something has already gone horribly wrong."

Lephista: "Or fantastically right. But, yeah, probably horribly wrong."