Clearing "the pit" in the beraza woods

Monolith

Is this part really just as tedious as it seems? I just got to the area where the demon dude is chucking imps at me, so i have to stay in battle mode and slooooowly work my way over to him 8 AP at a time.

Please tell me theres something I missed, and I don't actually have to slog through it like this.

It helps if you can split the party so that two can run to turn the wheels while the third holds off imps/runs for the gate as soon as it's open. The demon will run towards you once you reach the gate and take damage as it does so, so the fight isn't quite as long as it works.

If nothing else, use items and abilities to give yourself battle frenzy for the extra AP.

Dikiyoba.

Help! I seem to be stuck in this pit! Currently I have killed off all the imps and all other foes and think that I need to open the gate. Both of the wheels light up as usual but they don't open anything-in other words they don't seem to trigger anything. I have noticed that the nest in the far corner also lights up but doesn't open up to found items like all other nests in the game. Is this a computer glitch or am I doing something wrong? I have shut off and turned on and looked for any updates but nothing seems to work.

The wheels in the northeast have to be turned (first the north then the south) to free the demon, then you should be able to continue on the causeway to the last demon and the drake.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Then you will be beyond help.

Thanks. Finally used the Go Back cheat and then came back to the pits. When I came back all of the things worked, like the sign and the basilisk nest. I was then able to open all the gates. Funny thing is that without the cheat I would not have been able to leave that area because the exit gate had closed as well.

ARRGG!!! Well the cheat got me out of there but now all containers are now empty. Every single container and everything on the ground is empty. Is that mean I am done??? Anyone know how to reverse this empty-container-syndrome? I was a little surprised that although the wording at basilisk nest said I had found eggs nothing showed up in my bag.