General Question about Demos

Death Knight

Thanks for info. If you dont mind, i have a few questions about the whole jist of things. Ive noticed that Jeff has made 2 games set aside from his series-Nethergate Resurrection, and Blades of Avernum. I want to know directly what the corellation is between these games and avernum. Ive actually downloaded nethergate, so i have the idea that its avernum with history lesson.

1-However, will games like blades of avernum ever be updated graphic wise like the avernum series?

2-Right now i am trying to stay away from avernum series as it is getting remade. I might try nethergate though, when i get done with geneforge 2. You guys have so many games, I dont think i will be able to keep up with jeff in how long it takes to beat them all, he might win the race.

3-My final question is that how does jeff usually set out on making games. It seems as though the geneforge series and avernum series were made similarly together in between years. If that is the case will it ever be possible that jeff might be making say avadon 2, avernum rewrite 2, 3, new game, avadon 3, etc. I hope that jeff wont just be sold for all avadon games for a long time. I highly doubt it though. Either way what do i care, i bought avadon. Ill play that when i get bored of the others smile

Quote:
Ive noticed that Jeff has made 2 games set aside from his series-Nethergate Resurrection, and Blades of Avernum.

Nethergate: Resurrection is just a remade version of Nethergate, but yes, it isn't a part of a larger series. Blades of Avernum more or less fits into the the Avernum series in the same way that it's predecessor, Blades of Exile, went with the Exile series.

Quote:
1-However, will games like blades of avernum ever be updated graphic wise like the avernum series?

No, it's fairly certain that BoA won't be, for a couple of reasons. The primary reason is that Jeff has sworn never to touch another open-ended scenario creation game because they take a long time to develop and don't make much money. The secondary reason is that altering the engine, unless very carefully handled, would break all existing scenarios for the game.

Quote:
2-Right now i am trying to stay away from avernum series as it is getting remade. I might try nethergate though, when i get done with geneforge 2. You guys have so many games, I dont think I will be able to keep up with jeff in how long it takes to beat them all, he might win the race.

Just my opinion, but the original 3 Avernum games are well worth playing. (Particularly before Jeff gets around to ruining them with the Avernum 4+ look and feel. Mind you, you'll hear the same kinds of arguments from the people who started out by playing the Exile games for why E1-3 are preferable to A1-3.)

Quote:
3-My final question is that how does jeff usually set out on making games. It seems as though the geneforge series and avernum series were made similarly together in between years. If that is the case will it ever be possible that jeff might be making say avadon 2, avernum rewrite 2, 3, new game, avadon 3, etc. I hope that jeff wont just be sold for all avadon games for a long time. I highly doubt it though.

If I understand correctly, you're asking whether Jeff will interleave other game releases with games in the Avadon series. This is likely, as it's something he's done for sometime, as you note with the Geneforge and Avernum games. Given what he's said about his roadmap of upcoming games, though, the Avadon games will likely be the only totally new ones, and he'll intersperse them with re-skinned Avernum games.

Cool!

I might want to try nethergate-resurrection. Though its not avernum, it sounds very interesting as it has a historical flair. I know you prefer the old way the games were, i only have a problem with finding where each npc is going when i move. It can get extremely frustrating when you dont have an idea where the npcs are going.