Enhanced Healing

Craig

When an item like the Greenstone Band provides "+15% to Healing", what exactly does that mean?

Does it apply to healing effects you cause, or healing effects you receive?

I'm trying to decide whether these items are useful to anybody, or mostly just the shaman.

I'm 99% sure it applies to healing effects you cause. A shaman can get +50% bonus healing or more by stacking the right items, and the difference in the effect of Group Heal is pretty substantial. It's marginally useful for the Shadowwalker and Blademaster too, due to their self-healing abilities, and will also affect any healing scarabs equipped on that character.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Note that ALL healing scarabs work well on any PC -- they get bonuses from your level, but not from any of your primary stats!

Is that true of all scarabs? (For instance, with things like the "Cone of [Element]" scarabs you can pick up?)

No. (See other topics.) All the attack scarabs I tested give Int-based bonuses for Shamans & Sorceresses, but equal, Dex-based bonuses for Blademaster & Shadowwalkers.

That, IMHO, is sort of the nail in the coffin for how much better BMs & SWs are, due to the power of Dexterity. It's not a gross difference, but it's a significant difference on Torment.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
No. (See other topics.) All the attack scarabs I tested give Int-based bonuses for Shamans & Sorceresses, but equal, Dex-based bonuses for Blademaster & Shadowwalkers.

That, IMHO, is sort of the nail in the coffin for how much better BMs & SWs are, due to the power of Dexterity. It's not a gross difference, but it's a significant difference on Torment.

So Crisis, to make a long story short, you're indicating that one or the other ( DEX or INT ) but not both are helpful for use with these cones of ELE?
Specified topics would have been nice wink as I've been through most of the unspecified ones smile
By the way Thanks for all the hard work you do testing. I know how difficult that can be sometimes.