Question (Starter Dungeon)

deadite

This is my first Spiderweb game, so I'm unfamiliar with many of the mechanics that may come second nature to a lot of you.

For instance, in the starter dungeon I'm having trouble. I think I've explored every inch and I have come across two locked doors. I picked up a key off one of the main prisoners I was supposed to hunt, but I have no idea how to use it. I don't even see it in my inventory. When I click on the locked doors, they both say that I don't have the right key and I can't lockpick them... Does that mean I literally don't have the key at all, or that I have to somehow equip it first? Right now I'm wandering around the dungeons without a way to get out or move on or do anything. I need some guidance... Can anyone help? Thanks!

Keys are special items. They won't appear in your inventory. You can see them by going into your journal (click the icon of the book at the bottom of the screen) and then viewing Special Items. That's where it will show which keys you have. To use a key, just click on the door it opens and it will open automatically. Probably you're just trying to open the wrong doors if it says you don't have the right key. Are you sure there's only 2 other locked doors?

Wow, I am really stuck in this starter dungeon. I can't get past the 2 doors that give me access to the southeastern part of the dungeon. I've killed the sorceress and gotten the key... How do I get past these doors? I just can't figure out what I'm missing here... this does not bode well for me completing the game. Hah.

You'll find that a lot in this game -- in every area I've been to so far, there are chunks that, for whatever reason (locked doors, gates, etc.) you can't get through when you first get there.

What happens is that areas are being re-used. Your first quest is in southern Kva... but not everything that needs doing in Southern Kva needs doing right away. So, there are areas you just can't get to the first time through. Later on in the game, you'll be sent back and those barriers will be removed and you'll be able to access those higher-level areas. For now, the barriers are basically keeping *you* safe from encounters you can't handle yet.

So, chances are you're not missing things -- you're just not supposed to get to those areas yet.

In that vein -

- when I am sent back ('The Lower Cells' quest) I can descend a couple of levels, but then go down stairs and find a gate with no wheel or (that I can see) switch. Hand Callan does not give me a dialogue option for completion, so I assume that I have to get past this... what am I missing?

Thanks!