A6 - Battle Disciplines

Venom

Hmm...I usually found that anything I really wanted to stun had high enough stun resistance that stunning blow didn't do much. A shock trall, a shock trall, my kingdom for a shock trall (or, even better, a swarm of G3-style vlish).

I continue to maintain that battle frenzy is a respectable ability in A6. Once I get it, I tend to use it in ~2/3 of fights (the easiest and hardest 1/3 are where adrenaline rush is handiest). It only looks bad compared to A5 battle frenzy, which was frankly overpowered. When it's actually a good build decision to get your casters a bunch of mostly-to-entirely superfluous weapon skills in order to get that specific battle discipline...that, ladies and gentlemen, is a really damned powerful battle discipline.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
Hmm...I usually found that anything I really wanted to stun had high enough stun resistance that stunning blow didn't do much.

I agree here. I've been trying to use Stunning Blow, but it never does anything. Massive Blow is still my favorite and by far the most useful.

I really only used a few disiplines with any frequency. First and foremost, there was adrenaline rush. That was so useful. My dualwielders were able to clear out most groups of enemies within a few turns while using this.

Next, there was well aimed blow. You get one at the beggining, and then an upgraded version later on. I used the first one often, but once I got the second I transitioned into that. Can be quite good. And last of all, there was battle frenzy. But this one I used least of all. Adrenaline rush is good for short battles or a lot of weak monsters, but battle frenzy is good when the battle lasts for a while. Even then, I still use adrenaline rush a lot. But if you have a nice amount of the bladesmaster skill (I think it was that one), then once the battle frenzy wears off, you are able to use it again immediately,