G4: am i on good way with my servile...need opinion :)

Hi everyone.

Playing g4 for awhile. Its fun game. Now im level 32 servile rebel (pumped endurance, spelcraft, strenght & some points spent in diplomatics and mechs).

Is it posible to complete g4 as pure rebel servile (no exp from shaper quests)?

If it is posible how should i invest my expierience points?

What stuff should i get to kick ass and chew buble gum smile?

Thanks

Yes, you miss out on some experience and item rewards from not helping the Shapers, but you only finish a few levels lower.

Concentrate on increasing damage with your major attack type and increase mental magic along with spellcraft. You want to be able to daze and/or charm creations especially when they come as a swarm. Instant allies to take damage meant for you.

Any items to improve armor since you have the strength to wear heavier pieces. Also any charms and items for mechanics that you can swap when needed. Some other nice ones are:

Ornkskin Gauntlets - Poryphra West Gate-Uberoozebeast (kill) / 6% armor / +2 Strength / +2 Endurance / +4 melee damage protection

Puresteel Plate — Matala’s Workshop — Golem Matala — +44% Armor / +40 Stun Resistance / -20% Hit Chance

Dragonskin Cloak — Quessa-Uss — Salassar (Kill) — +12% Armor / +8% Stun Resitance

Puresteel Necklace — Derenton Freehold-Litalia-Reward: Envoy To Quessa-Uss — +6% Armor / +1 Melee Weapons / +1 Battle Magic / +5% Energy Preservation

Forbidden Band — Khima-Uss-Drosstro-W (Kill) — + 1 Strength / +1 Dexterity / +1 Intelligence / +1 Endurance

Quicksilver Bulwark — Frostwood-Eye Herzfelt (Kill) — +14% Armor / -10% Hit Chance / +1 Action Points

But it's personal preference and you may not get to some areas to get them.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

It largely depends on which difficulty you are playing on as well. If you're on one of the easier difficulties, you may try just working up your battle magic, or melee (Whichever you prefer). If you go for some melee, I would get high enough mental magic to daze everything when they swarm you. Otherwise, battle magic on easier difficulty should be enough to fry anything that comes at you.

On higher difficulties, you NEED a high mental magic as a singleton character in order to charm/daze the swarms, because otherwise they will kill you.

I tend to prefer getting more offensive gear than more armor. It seems to me that if you're going to have to heal in combat, taking 20-50 less damage on a servile with over 600 hit points isn't going to make a difference, whereas being able to kill enemies in a single round is.

Again, mostly preference stuff, and keep in mind the major factor for what strategies and which skills to pump up is the difficulty, which you can change at any time.

Yes i am sort of bubble gum smile My problem is that i can not control large enemy groups. Daze effect is very random. I do not want to win battles by reloading zillion times. Any suggestions how to win fort Raevinn, Poryphra west gate battles?

my character statistics:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7746/krike.jpg

Remember those wands of acid shower you've been saving?

You have been saving them right?

Acid and lingering lightning damage, combined with a tiny hallway or a door or some such. worst comes to worst back yourself into a corner so they can't completely surround you.

Another neat trick is running around a corner and ending combat, then healing fully in about a second or two, or casting that oh so necessary haste/regen/shield

I think the end of the game is near. Just fought unbound in the Northforge. Any suggestions how to enhance gear before final battle.

I am thinking about 2 x steel spines, 1 x golden crystal, 5 x tiny orbs of mist. Good, bad?

What is the best blade in this game? I am stuck with oozing sword i think (blade with dripping green ooze:))

Originally Posted By: Tomas
What is the best blade in this game? I am stuck with oozing sword i think (blade with dripping green ooze:))

A (regular) Puresteel Blade with either a Golden Crystal or a Acid Damage enchantment. The Golden Crystal gives you additional physical damage, which very few things can resist, but the Runed Amethyst gives you a larger bonus of Acid Damage, which some endgame creature can resist/are immune to.

You can find a Puresteel Blade by going to the Guardian in Dera South Shore and giving him two Puresteel Rings to make one. I believe you can also just kill him if you're a Rebel and he'll drop one, too.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Tomas

A (regular) Puresteel Blade with either a Golden Crystal or a Acid Damage enchantment. The Golden Crystal gives you additional physical damage, which very few things can resist, but the Runed Amethyst gives you a larger bonus of Acid Damage, which some endgame creature can resist/are immune to.

You can find a Puresteel Blade by going to the Guardian in Dera South Shore and giving him two Puresteel Rings to make one. I believe you can also just kill him if you're a Rebel and he'll drop one, too.

I don't think this information will help since it's for G5 and the poster asked about G4...

Yeah, those locations are G5-specific. The other advice is pretty good, though. As for the puresteel blade's location in this game: you pry it from the cold, dead hands of Guardian Koerner in Poryphra. Fortunately, this fits very well with your alignment, and while the sidequest in general is pretty hard, you get some very nice rewards.

Also, steel spines are really not that useful. They only reflect melee damage, and most of the really nasty endgame enemies (reaper turrets, pylons, drakons, eyebeasts, high level shapers and agents, wingbolts, kyshakks) use primarily ranged/area attacks, which usually do some type of elemental damage. With only a few exceptions, melee enemies in the endgame are problematic in that they have lots of HP and keep you away from the big damage dealers, not because they do a lot of damage themselves. So, yeah, golden crystals all the way.