Any Zelda fans here?

Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas

So my little sister has a Wii and one of the games she got for it was Zelda: Twilight Princess. Seeing how my childhood was marred by a distinct lack of Zelda and hearing about how amazing the series is, I decided to commandeer it over the course of several weekends off from the army. Now, I definitely liked the game, but I have just a few problems with it.

1) The two guys with their amusement-park-cannon-cuccoo thing on Lake Hylia really disturbed me. I know, I get it they're gay and that was ok, but the over-the-top flamboyance and the clichéd sound effects the one on top (excuse the pun) made were downright horrifying. And the one on the lake just seemed really depressed. Looks like a one-sided relationship.

2) Midna's a [censored].

3) Once you get your 8th heart or so, the game's just way too easy. The only time I had to heal was during the cave of ordeals and I never once even considered using the magic armor. (Which, coincidentally, I paid 1800 rupees extra for because I didn't bother to read a walkthrough until it came time to find all the bugs and poes I was missing.)

4) Being a wolf sucks. I never willingly transformed into a wolf. Except for the battle at the end with Ganondorf when he turns into a beast; which I really did try to do as a human. He just sorta mauled me down to two hearts when I finally took the hint.

I'm not really a "fan" of Zelda, but I've played bought and beaten every single one of them since OoT. Twilight Princess is easily the worst in the series after Spirit Tracks. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are generally considered the kings of the 3D Zeldas. Wind Waker was decent (and I loved the art direction), but it obviously wasn't finished.

There's also a really fantastic "Zelda" game for the PS2 and Wii called Okami. It's much better than Twilight Princess.

Originally Posted By: radix malorum est cupiditas
2) Midna's a [censored].
You never played Ocarina of Time, have you. Midna is nowhere near as annoying as Navi.

At least Midna would teleport you around, as well. Navi, on the other hand... must die. Die Navi, die so that we dont have to listen to your constant outbursts of "Hey!" and "Listen!"

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Originally Posted By: Sylae Corell
<3 Zelda. Wish i still had my N64 so i could replay OoT without having to deal with an emulator.
They also have it for Gamecube. Don't know where you would get it now, though.
That disk that had all the old games and a demo for Wind Waker? Yeah, had that until my dumbass brother pawned the 'cube and all the games.

Never got to fully finish Wind Waker thanks to him...

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
There's also a really fantastic "Zelda" game for the PS2 and Wii called Okami. It's much better than Twilight Princess.

of course, it is also a game in which you are a wolf all the time, so that may be a mark against it in infernal's eyes

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Sonic? Sonic fans anyone? Does anyone even play the old games now? No? Okay, I'll just go cry in a corner, then.

sonic 4 was okay

well, compared to every other sonic game in the past 10 years anyway

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Sonic? Sonic fans anyone? Does anyone even play the old games now? No? Okay, I'll just go cry in a corner, then.

sonic 4 was okay

well, compared to every other sonic game in the past 10 years anyway

Wow, that games looks... shockingly like an actual Sonic game, as opposed to the 3d JRPG junk Sega has been trying to pass off as "Sonic" for the past decade.

I might actually have to go check that out. It looks like fun.

Wow, that games looks... shockingly like an actual Sonic game, as opposed to the 3d JRPG junk Sega has been trying to pass off as "Sonic" for the past decade.

I might actually have to go check that out. It looks like fun.

a word of warning: it's a little shorter than any of the Genesis Sonic games, which is to say really short by the standards of modern games

also don't expect an extra zone like in S3&K for getting all chaos emeralds, all it does is let you turn into Super Sonic and very slightly change the ending

it is pretty fun though. not as good a retro-sequel as Mega Man 9 and 10 were, but not bad

Originally Posted By: Sylae Corell
<3 Zelda. Wish i still had my N64 so i could replay OoT without having to deal with an emulator. Unless, of course, there was some sort of way to convert an N64 controller into a joystick...

Last year, I replayed OoT using a wired Xbox 360 controller. It worked pretty well.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Originally Posted By: Lilith
it is pretty fun though. not as good a retro-sequel as Mega Man 9 and 10 were, but not bad
And now all of the Mega Man fans will pop in to post. Shame on you for derailing the thread even more. tongue

Just popping in to post.

Though I was more of a fan of the Mega Man Battle Network series, personally.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother had an NES when I was growing up, so I got to play both The Legend of Zelda (the original) and The Adventures of Link as a kid. After OoT came around, I was hooked. I've played OoT, MM, WW, TP, Oracle of Seasons, and Minish Cap. and have liked them all (aside from some of the complaints made previously in this thread, but I don't let most of those things bother me). The biggest complaint I have is a lack of any difficulty setting. I keep wanting to make the game harder but still satisfy my completionist needs. tongue