creation[G5]

Theophilus

• 3 weeks later...

If you are willing to learn or have any skill in coding already, there is a folder (Geneforge #/Geneforge # Files/Scripts) that has all the scripts in the game. (Anyone know what language that is? It's either C, a C variant or Java, I think)

What I did, once for fun to cheat, was found a canister I hadn't opened, found the file from that level, and changed what it modified to make it not increment my "canisters used" count, increase the skill by 10 rather than 1, and copied the skills increased several times and changed what skill they increased. Also, I found a way to stop the canister from counting that it was used (and therefore destroyed, so I could re-use it)

I opened the game, used the canister, saved, changed the skills, loaded, used it again... until I had max skills in every stat, every spell, every creation, etc.

I WAS GOD.

So... if you did that with a canister in the demo, yes, you could get drakons/war tralls/eyebeasts in the demo.

I believe that the first canister available is in Isenwood's Spire...

P.S. If you're no good with code, then tell me. If I get permission from somebody, I could show you how. Otherwise, proprietary data and all that.