E3 - Chronic cash shortage?

Arenax

Perhaps I'm odd in this--wouldn't be the first time--but I tend to find that I'm always lacking cash. (I have 40 skill points on my mages that I can't spend, heh heh.)

I know I could use the editor, but that's lame. In my current game (first non-cheating one in a long time, too), I just beat the slimes and am on my way to Bigail. Does the job market get better after Kriszan? :p

I've played through a few times honestly and my advice to you would be to pick up everything that you find to sell it on. Generally, there's no need to buy much in the way of equipment because you find or receive better stuff along the way.

Also, if you are still short, take as many jobs as you can in the direction you are going. Use the jobs dispatcher/random item shop bug if you don't find that objectionable.

Once I got to the Giants, I was buff enough to drill about twenty wandering monster encounters (this is without doing the roaches, too; my spellcasters were at level 20 and my fighters around 10).

I had enough to max out my mages and halfway to my fighters. Now I just need to get the cash for all those happy fun spells. :p

I would have to agree with FatBatMonkey. Take all the jobs you can get, they don't take up too much time. Also, I would advise buying a set of horses, because they help traveling quicker.

One more thing I can add is get the manna spell and use it. I can't help you on the location of it(I think its in pergies), but not guaranteed as I havent played the game in a long while. It can help you alot in paying for food.

Get the Identify mage spell too, it'll save you all the gold that gets stacked up from paying for identifications. Sure, it wastes a lot of food to cast it on your entire inventory, but the Manna spell makes up for the food and if you're REALLY tight for cash, the excessive time to cast it that many times wont be a problem.

It might be helpful telling the location of the spell "identify".

Go to Goddale and speak with the lady that identifies stuff. Shes at the W. side of town. Then go to ernest. (hes the guy that can send you through the portals to each of the major cities) Search the bookshelves and take a book on teleportation. Then go back to goddale and she teaches you the spell. smile

You could also do the Golddale Mines mission. Talk to Delenn at the Golddale Mine Company. She'll send you to the east to a mine that has been taken over by Slithzerikai eek . Kill the Sliths and take all the gold and iron ore you can carry and take them back to her. She then asks you to clean out an Ursagi eek cave at the east end of the valley between the mountains. Easiest way to get there is to go through the cave with the Sliths and go out the other end. Then cross the valley to the northeast corner. Clean out the cave of Ursagi, bears, and of course wink Ore! Take them back to Delenn and she'll buy them off of you and also give you a nice sword for cleaning out the Ursagi. I sure hope that this helps. cool