Drugs, Food, Geneforge and a lazy day

I'm curious to know how many of you will really get into a game of Geneforge?

Will you allow the game to govern when you eat and when you smoke?

I have to mention that I think Geneforge 4 was asking me to smoke, since I have a pipe in my inventory...

Well I like to do this. If I got nothing better to do, then I'll spend some serious time playing and follow these rules.

When your in the mood to smoke, go into your house or a bar in the game and do so.

Maybe look at the pipe in Geneforge 4 lol I havn't found one in 3 or 5 yet.

If you want to eat, hit up the bar in a town and mingle.

I of course won't let myself die like I've heard some people do, but this adds some fun to the game. smile

Everyone here should take this moment to check out the Code of Conduct again. Please do not "spam" by making excessive posts and please remember that the forums need to stay "family friendly" and can't have discussion of illegal activities. It's easy to get offended over the internet, so humorous references to a particular race, ethnicity, etc. are not usually a good idea even if you don't mean to be offensive.

In other words: Don't do this again :-D

Velzan, your post above is a perfect example of "spam." It doesn't add anything new to the thread, and isn't funny or interesting or otherwise worth taking up everyone's time with. It isn't horrible, of course. But, remember that when you make a new post, it shows up on the Active Topics and Active Posts lists, which is how many people here browse the forums. When you post, you are effectively broadcasting what you say to hundreds of people. Before you post, ask yourself, "does everybody here really need to hear my voice on this issue, too?" The forums are NOT a chat room.

Everyone makes posts like that once in a while. By itself, it's not an issue. However, when you make a large number of posts every day and the majority of those posts are spam, there is a problem. You are in that situation right now.

If you stop making so many spammy posts, I believe you will be a valued member of these forums. However, you have already received (very) polite suggestions from non-moderators and moderators alike to think before you post, and the message doesn't seem to be getting through. Therefore, I am giving you an official warning: you need to stop spamming. If you continue to make this many spammy posts, your ability to post may be restricted.

Ok, first It was Geneforge 4 that has a pipe, not 3.

Sorry for that mistake.

Here's a pic of it...

th.1e677b5ef7.jpg

Second, here is a link to one of the many stories out there of Chinese gamers dying from doing nothing but playing games constantly.

Chinese Online Gamer Dies

I don't see how it's racist to state that Japanese or Chinese or whatever are big time gamers and are a little crazy with there hobby.

As for discussion of illegal activities, I apologize for that I won't mention it again.

Originally Posted By: *Logan*
I don't see how it's racist to state that Japanese or Chinese or whatever are big time gamers and are a little crazy with there hobby.

I didn't say you were being racist. (We could argue about the fact that you characterized an entire country based on something that happened to a few people -- and there are droves of "crazy" addicted gamers in the US, too -- but that's a separate issue.)

I said that on the internet it is easy for someone to take something the wrong way and be offended.

However, more to the point, what you said above is NOT what you said originally. You originally said:
I of course won't let myself die like those crazy japanese...

It's not difficult to see how the phrase "those crazy japanese" could offend somebody, is it?

Let me reiterate my original warning. Don't do this again :-D

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
[name omitted], your post above is a perfect example of "spam." It doesn't add anything new to the thread, and isn't funny or interesting or otherwise worth taking up everyone's time with. It isn't horrible, of course. But, remember that when you make a new post, it shows up on the Active Topics and Active Posts lists, which is how many people here browse the forums. When you post, you are effectively broadcasting what you say to hundreds of people. Before you post, ask yourself, "does everybody here really need to hear my voice on this issue, too?" The forums are NOT a chat room.

I'm curious as to why, of all the mods capable of issuing official warnings, you of all people suddenly seem so concerned about how spam is flooding the boards all of a sudden. I can certainly see how someone could wander into the boards, look around, and think it is somehow okay to post *FACEPALM* or something because of your tendency to do so. Just an observation here.

I of course won't let myself die like those crazy japanese...

It's not difficult to see how the phrase "those crazy japanese" could offend somebody, is it?

Honestly, if you put "gamers" between "japanese" and "..." the sentence magically becomes almost perfectly acceptable. It could have been an honest mistake on Logan's part.

Hmm, good point I've seen a few "facepalm" posts around...

Thanks for the support Dantius...

Most gamers KNOW that the Japanese are a little eccentric when it comes to there games and hobbies....

I figured most people here knew that and knew what I meant by the statement.

Apparently this is my "indulge the critics" day.

Dantius: Yes, it could almost have been acceptable. That's why my original post was just a reminder about the code of conduct. As for your question about my contribution to spam in the form of esoteric posts, I certainly acknowledge that. I addressed this wrinkle before you posted, in fact:

Everyone makes posts like that once in a while. By itself, it's not an issue. However, when you make a large number of posts every day and the majority of those posts are spam, there is a problem.

(As a side note, I will mention that mods usually just lock these threads because they eventually turn into a barrage of complaints from a user with a chip on his shoulder. I am not locking this one because I think it's worth providing reasonable answers for the community at large, even if I am a little skeptical of Dantdring's motive for posting.)

they eventually turn into a barrage of complaints from a user with a chip on his shoulder. I am not locking this one because I think it's worth providing reasonable answers for the community at large, even if I am a little skeptical of Dantdring's motive for posting.)

That's OK, I'm done here. And I have no comment on you impingement of my motives aside from stating that I have no comment on your impingement of my motives.