A6 - Bored of sitting through the enemy turns - how do I skip them?

It's the way the game is coded. Jeff has stated elsewhere that he isn't the best programmer which is why he recycles past code.

You can use the "f" command to end combat at the end of your turn and save sometimes. Jeff did try to end this abuse.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Originally Posted By: signinginislame
Making me sit through enemy turns is painful
Patience is a virtue.

Don't worry, it gets better. Once you get some better gear/spells, combat should move a lot quicker in most cases. After a while, you'll be complaining about having to fight innumerable battles against weaker opponents that can be beaten to death quite easily with a blade of grass. wink
Quote:
not being able to save during combat just vindictive
In all my years of gaming, I have yet to find a game that has both a combat mode and the ability to save in it.

Castle of the Winds >>>>> Avernum

<3 <3 <3

You know, both CotW and it's sequel are available for free from the author's website now. And are exactly as awesome now as before.

And not being able to save in combat is a pain; I don't have an infinite amount of time and sometimes I don't have enough time to go through a boss/miniboss fight or a fight with a billion rats/zombies/whatever or something.

But what bothers me more than the slow combat is the bug that allows enemies to move without centering the screen on them, so I can't actually see what they're doing, negating any possible benefit of the horribly long time you have to wait to watch them all move!

Originally Posted By: cfgauss
You know, both CotW and it's sequel are available for free from the author's website now. And are exactly as awesome now as before.
I know; they've been free for several years now. And as an added bonus, they're fully playable in every Windows OS I've used, without using compatibility mode; you just need a patch from Microsoft to read the help files in Vista/Win7.
Originally Posted By: cfgauss
But what bothers me more than the slow combat is the bug that allows enemies to move without centering the screen on them, so I can't actually see what they're doing, negating any possible benefit of the horribly long time you have to wait to watch them all move!
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Since A6 is still relatively new, there are bound to be a few stray bugs, so there's a good chance Jeff will get to that when he can.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Since A6 is still relatively new, there are bound to be a few stray bugs, so there's a good chance Jeff will get to that when he can.
*blinks*
A6 has been out for almost half a year now. And that bug isn't restricted to just A6, either.