A6 - Melanchion

Firecage

There's a thread around here somewhere with a bunch of the ending texts, if you want to know how things turn out.

My personal feeling is that Gladwell is evil, and so are his quests. The dragon doesn't bother me, as long as people have the freedom to join him or not. So I did the two of his quests that most lined up with the interests of Avernum: the Scourge, and the Darkside Loyalists. Apparently if you do more than two, he will take over unless you kill him. Some people do them all and then bump him off, which is also an option with Gladwell, of course.

The rewards are nice, too, but by no means necessary to complete the game.

I agree with TTM - Gladwell is a bad dude. His extreme libertarian vision for the future of Avernum isn't one I would support. I'm all for individual freedoms but in an unstable and immature society some regulation is necessary to protect those who can't protect themselves.

My first playthrough I supported neither Gladwell nor Melanchion and the outcome was favourable in my view. Second time around I am trying something different but am so far uncomfortable with what I am doing for Gladwell.