Khora-Vysss question

Cryomancer

Okay, I came through and did the basement area right when I was still in the Drake Pillars. Went upstairs, almost died fighting 1 temple defender, decided to come back later. I just finished the anama lands, and so now I went back to top-level khora-vysss. Kicked everyone's butt. Beat the chieftain and the casters and their friends without losing any of my people, and without having to go back to town to rest. Took out the slith horror after a long battle and 2 of my people dying from the killing curse. I think I got all the loot and everything (though I never found any spells...was kinda bummed about that)

So anyway, there's still this room in the basement that has a tomb-like structure on a raised platform that I can't get to. I can see a coffin and a portal inside, but I don't know how to get in there. Is it possible to get in there, or is that whole thing just an obnoxious red herring?