A6 - Oops! I Already Sold [Spoiler] By Mistake!!

IJBall

OK, so I sold the Demonslayer sword after finishing the X/Haakai quest, but before I got Lark's final quest. (I took me forever to do the Tenevra/Vahnatai quests! - I took me multiple, multiple attempts before I could defeat Dagas-Ihrno in Rentar-Ihrno's Keep!!)

Anyway, I didn't realize that I'd need it later, and once Demonslayer was broken at the end of X's Anvil spell, it didn't seem like it was worth keeping, so I sold it to the Castle's quartermaster.

But now, of course, I've just finished the Crystal Shards quest, and Demonslayer is gone, and there was no dialogue option for me to let Lark know that I already sold the thing just downstairs from her!!

So, is there any way (by the editor, or otherwise...) I can fix this mistake, or am I now hosed on Lark's final quest ('cos, at this point, I ain't going back over the last quarter of the game just to get it back!!)?! frown

TIA for any help on this one... smile

Save your game and exit. Go into the game folder for Avernum 6 Files and look in the Scripts folder. Then edit a zone script (doesn't have dlg in the filename.txt) so the part below this line:

beginstate INIT_STATE;

has this line added:

reward_give(305);

then reload the game and when you go into that zone you will get Demonslayer broken version. Pick a zone that is nearby to where you saved your game.

You can use this to add items that you know the item code.