Geneforge 5 does not working.

Theophilus

Geneforge 5 does not work on my computer (a Mac)Here's the problem: all Macs have a bar on the bottom or the left or the right. It's the bar application.I double-click on the icon of the game. The game appears on the bar and removed after two or three seconds. Could you tell me what is the problem ? Oh i forgot, my computer is ten years and the game has the icon of application(a sheet paper, two pencils and a look at the middle.)

The problems is probably with the graphics. Geneforge 5 requires a higher resolution than the earlier games. Look and see if the numbers for the graphics match the one for the display.

This is in About the Mac under PCI/AGP Cards. You need at least 1024 x 768 resolution.

You should have enough memory and the processor will work even if the game runs slowly.

If you post here the text shown to you from choosing 'À propos de ce Mac' ('About This Mac') from the apple menu, in the top left of the screen, we will hopefully be able to tell whether or not your computer can run the game. It may also help to run theInformations Système (System Profiler) and posting the information shown under the 'Cartes vidéo / moniteurs' ('Graphics/Displays') heading. (I'm working with the assumption that your system is set to use French as the system language, so I've given the above suggestions using the french labelings.)

• 2 weeks later...