A6 - How do you get into the lower level of spire?

trinko

There is a second entrance along the outside wall in the southwest just north of the town gate. Just kill a few rogues hiding out downstairs and look for a switch to a secret door. Past the dispel barrier level magic barrier are 2 knowledge brews and some other minor stuff.

The room being blocked by the ogre just has a few bags of meal.

Interesting. I noticed the trapdoor outside of Spire right off but did NOT notice the switch that allows access under the big ogre upstairs. I guess it pays to read all of the threads.

I eventually ticked off Spire (alarms can be so inconvenient) and decided to wipe out all life. It involved drawing most everybody into "city hall" and pretty much taking them on one at a time. The door-blocking ogre was one of the first to go. I did have to venture out for the woman of the cloth and a few townspeople.

I should have known that the ogre blocking the door was a hint to look for other ways in.

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
Interesting. I noticed the trapdoor outside of Spire right off but did NOT notice the switch that allows access under the big ogre upstairs. I guess it pays to read all of the threads.

I had a lot of problems noticing switches in this game (not sure if it was an issue with the graphics this time around, or just because I'm playing at 1920x1440), so I pretty much made a habit of hitting the 'u' key in any area that seemed like the sort of place Jeff might put a switch just to see if anything showed up.