High School Reunion Sites

Ishad Nha

In my high school reunions/alumni page I found a link to a reunion page. There I found a link to a site that handles reunions and contact with former classmates:

http://www.classreport.org/

In my Washington State high school, my own class is the only one to have a site going, out of the half dozen that I checked. To top it all off, two sites had only one name each, added some time ago. (If they had trouble finding classmate names they could have used Facebook.)

Do people not know about these sort of sites or have they found something better?

The reunion is for the people, not for the place.

—Alorael, who can imagine having friends worth reuniting with long after high school ends. Personally he thinks he's done a pretty good job of keeping up with old friends who deserve to be kept and cutting loose the ones who were friends of convenience only. He doesn't need awkward reunions to either cement his opinions or to help him second-guess himself.

Facebook could be used for the class lists, but can you can only list classmates by their first name. Yearbooks presumably use listings by family name. Might need to design your own website.

If you list your high school you can then use the Find Friends feature in the Friends menu. This will show a lot but not all, they must list their school in the relevant part of their profile.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Gah, who would want to go back to high school? Even if it is just for a reunion. I know that I have never looked back since I graduated.
I can't go back even if I wanted to. A few years after I graduated, it merged with another school and reopened under a different name. Then a few years after that, it shut down completely.

Reunions take place elsewhere from what I can see, you don't have to visit the place itself.

If you did not like the teachers, they only have a shelf life of ~ 40 years maximum, far less if they move to another school. They probably won't be at the reunion. (I can find only one familiar name in the list of staff at my alma mater, I graduated 30 years ago.)

If you don't like your classmates that could be a problem.

I had my 10-year reunion three years ago now; it wasn't so bad, since I was on friendly terms with nearly all my classmates at the time we graduated. All of them recognized me right away, though it took me a few minutes to remember them.

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
I graduated 30 years ago.
That's nothing. My mother's 50th class reunion was this year; she went, too.