How do I bypass the pylons in Helft and other locations?[G5]

Zenith

There's a back way in through the Drayks house, I believe. You need to be careful when passing them, of course, and stay clear of those little orbs running around - those are the triggers. And not to get close to them. Stealth isn't really required to play that game, and should only provide a minor inconvenience when you can't do it, such as this, in only a few areas.

Spddin - Err, no, you'll never have enough health to "absorb" it. Mines do absurdly high damage in G5. The only way to get around them is stealth and mechanics.

If you want to wait until the very end of the game. Besides, A) He's a Lifecrafter, not a Warrior or a Servile, and B) Stealth and mechanics is far more effective.

I'm honestly very sceptical of your accurate estimation of the damage. If so, those pylons are completely inconsistent with the rest of the Pylons in the game.

I think you're misunderstanding - I don't mean the disarmable mines that have the central trigger - I have more than enough Mechanics to get those. My issue is with the field of blue pylons (not sure what to call them, they aren't selectable) with a control box in the middle. They look sort of like so:

O . . . .

(

)

/ \

The orb glows blue.

Yeah, I know those are what you're talking about. They all have a central control box - not necessarily a trigger - nearby that controls them, or there's a weakness in the field you need to exploit. I probably could have worded that better.

Again - You're mistaken. There's always a central control box nearby you need to find, or get too. There is not a single Pylon field that you need to walk through without a Stealthy way around it.

To disarm those thing, there are spore boxes. This dosn't effect all pylons but enough to let you pass by safly. This is the case in areas with them. Some will ineveitabl stay on.

Now, there is one set in helft that has pylons that do less damage. That is specifaclly to let the PC get at the body. The rest of he Pylons do more damage.

The most common method to getting through pylons is to find the path that lets you thread your way through them. Generally, there will be a gap in the pylons somewhere that will allow you work your way over to a switch that turns some of them off. Then you can thread your way over to where the disabled pylons are and you will probably find another trigger. Repeat until you have a path through the area.

Edit: Dikiyoba is so very, very late to this thread.

Just checked, and you are indeed very wrong tongue

Entering the field from the west, you need to hug the wall on the north side, and very carefully, sneak just a little east, then south until you get to the box in the middle of the next. Click it, then the northeastern pylons get shut off. Then you can slip to the second box - provided you stay close to the trees - which shuts off the rest of the field. The exception are the pylons right on top of the body, so your right in that there's no way to get to the body without taking the damage.

On an offnote, thats also a way to sneak into the Drayks house and steal the papers if you don't have the leadership or the combat skills.

Jeff increased the pylon damage during beta testing because some testers (me included) just went right through them and healed up after the discharge. That's how I found out what was on that body in Helft and another in the East Shadow Road before I found the appropriate spore control box.