A6 - Use of Editor

Because the editor is set up just like using the character info window to increase your skills, but without skill point limits.

—Alorael, who can't really understand why it isn't set up like character creation instead. Or why character creation doesn't let you arbitrarily raise and lower skills on a custom character after leaving the window once.

That's still true, since most of the benefit comes from boosting skills. The downside is not being able to fix your over-editing with the editor.

—Alorael, who strongly suspects that the debug console can be used to add any item to your party. And if not, scripts certainly can.

Those can also be scripted in without too much effort.

I just found the location of the cheat box codes inside the Avernum 6 package. All the codes listed are:

gsdf %d %d

fps

editor

ouchouchouch

leetbuffz

owmybrains

imdrained

backtostart

pleaselikeme

iwanttobestronger

iampoor

• 3 months later...

Question using the "leetbuffz" cheat code. Why does it give you ward of steel then ward of thoughts then ward of steel then ward of thoughts but never ward of elements? You end up with ward of thoughts due to only having one ward at a time. Also why wasn't a cloak put in there from the mage side? I know this is a programing question for Jeff, possibly the beta testers, but i'm just not sure where to submit it. When i searched for leetbuffz this is the only topic in the forum that came up.

thanks for any info you might have on this.

Display frames per second and display the value of a stuff done flag, respectively. A stuff done flag is like a numerical variable, except instead of a name it has two numerical coordinates, so you might enter something like "gsdf 10 10" to check that flag.

—Alorael, who is only guessing. He'd guess that he guessed rightly, though!