Anama vs. Energyward Orb - Spoilers

Sade

During the battle with Dorikas, he summons 4 orbs. Each of them is vulnerable to only one kind of damage: melee, ice, fire or energy. Anama PCs can handle the first 3 of those easily, but the last one seems to be a problem.

No priest spell does energy damage, and summoned Shades do only physical damage. There's no mages to charm either. You can occasionally hit about 1 point of damage with other styles, but even if you could destroy the Orb that way, it would take unreasonably long time.

So, I ended up using the Lightning Spray scrolls I had been hoarding. This way I managed to eventually win, but I had to waste about 30 scrolls in the process.

If I had sold those things, would the battle have been impossible? Or is there something I have missed?

I made a post to that effect, but a UBB hiccup caused it to be deleted. Basically:

Originally Posted By: Dantius, in an alternate universe
You should be able to destroy the three other orbs, then hit Dorikas until he flees to the throne room. Then kill him, haste, and run far enough away to end combat mode. Leave the fort and trigger the ending. Fin