Shock Tralls.[G5]

Fluff

Hello fellow humans. I've just joined Ghaldring and used the War Trall canister in his store rooms, and I've trained twice with the Drakon in the south bit, so now I can make Shock Tralls. (I've been training battle shaping only)

I'm just wondering if they're worth it. The thing says their health decay is the price for their rocks stunning enemies. Should I bother with them? If so, how many should I make, and how should I try to keep their health up?

They're fast enough to get 2 attacks per round every round, they hit hard, and they stun heavily. Casting Regeneration Aura helps keep their health stable. Obviously, you can't keep them alive indefinitely, but bringing out two or three Shock Tralls for a tough fight often works very well. Characters other than Shapers or Lifecrafters probably won't have enough essence to make the best use of them.

If you're the sort of person who gets attached to creations and likes to keep the same ones alive for a long time, you might want to stick with permanent creations: War Tralls that have been levelling up for half the game are probably a more efficient use of essence than Shock Tralls. If you treat your creations as disposable, though, Shock Tralls are a pretty good option.

Methinks I need some new glasses.

I tend to favor more creations over better creations. I upgrade my initial creations a little, but by endgame, I just make an army of high level creations with basic stats. Rather than making my creations stronger, I just make more of them.

Originally Posted By: Master1

I tend to favor more creations over better creations. I upgrade my initial creations a little, but by endgame, I just make an army of high level creations with basic stats. Rather than making my creations stronger, I just make more of them.

Do you use alot of Burning Kyshayks and shock tralls then? Would seem the logical choice if you just like to use alot of them.

No. I prefer to have lasting creations that level up and get stronger. Perhaps I was a bit vague in my earlier post. In the runthrough I have going on now (although I don't know when I'll get back to it), I made 2 Tralls as soon as I got the canister, and a third when I got the essence. They will stay with me the rest of the game.

This is my first runthrough on torment, and I may end up using unstable creations for a few hard fights, but I've never found them worth the essence (for my play style) in the past.

That depends. It's easier to kill her first. It's easiest to kill each one first. When I went after her, I had already killed Alwan (and maybe a few others). I cleared out most of the town, and then cleared out most of her area. I managed to sabotage her machinery before attacking her, so when she tried to blast me, she took massive damage.

If you haven't attacked any other councilors yet, there is someone you can talk to. Ghaldring tells you about the spies and whatnot he has on each leader. The spy for Astoria tells you about the hidden entrance. You can find it from the top left corner of Astoria's place, but you get stuck on the other end. When you actually hear about it the right way, you can access the passage from the inn in the top left area of town.

Sorry for the lack of specifics, it's been a while.

Thanks.

I managed to utilize plan "swarm with Shock Tralls and hope for the best" quite sucesfully. I was curious about those power inhibitor things, but I was running low on Living Tools and, as a Rebel, I can't find many places to buy more. Oh well, on to that dude in the South.

Also, am I meant to not get any dialogue when attacking the council members already hostile to me? I got to laugh at Alwan almost-dying-words, but when I met Astoria she just attacked me in silence.

Oh well.

Each councilor has something you can do against them. Taygen has creations near him that you can recruit, and Alwan can be poisoned. These can only be done if you attack them first.

Rawal's servant mind can be tricked into helping you. When he summons creations, about half of them will be allied with you. Astoria has the machinery that can be sabotaged, which pretty much kills her as soon as she tries to use it. These two can be done even if you've attacked the other members, although it may be a bit harder.

Originally Posted By: Master1
Each councilor has something you can do against them. Taygen has creations near him that you can recruit, and Alwan can be poisoned. These can only be done if you attack them first.

Rawal's servant mind can be tricked into helping you. When he summons creations, about half of them will be allied with you. Astoria has the machinery that can be sabotaged, which pretty much kills her as soon as she tries to use it. These two can be done even if you've attacked the other members, although it may be a bit harder.

You can recruit Taygen's creations before you start killing people and they'll stay recruited when you fight him, too, so you can prepare for that fight as well. Doing Alwan first is probably the best idea, since he's the only one you can't get an advantage against if the area is already hostile, and he also puts up the longest and most tedious fight of the four.